/Chapter Six/Forgive My Hesitation/

This chapter was rather...difficult to write but the ending pays off! I hope you like it :) !!!!!!!!!!

 Oh, and what do you guys think of the length of my chapters???? Are they too long? Too short? I can break em up if you guys want :)

OMG OMG OMG!!! I saw Harry Potter and it was the most epic film EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone else seen it??? :D

----------> The song is random, I just love it right now :D

Enjoy and comment and vote if you can!!

(C) All Rights Reserved To D.S Lemonius.

 _______________

© All Rights Reserved To D.S Lemonius.

Chapter Six: Forgive My Hesitation.

The room the stable boy led me was small, cramped and barely able to fit the handful of people standing and the one on a bed. I knew that the duke was dying, but didn’t think he would so soon; he was the same age as my father and he didn’t look like he was passing anytime soon. He looked well enough the last time I saw him. Was he going to make it to the wedding?

In the room stood Alexander’s aunt in a long black dress, crying her eyes out. Next to her was a still rather chubby and warty Heather with a plain expression on her pasty white skin. She looked drawn and tired. Kneeling down beside the duke’s bed was the duchess and Alexander on either side. Her face was tear streaked and her blue eyes were filled with sorrow. One could only imagine losing their husband, but at least she is having the opportunity to say her goodbyes-even if he was a bad man.

I wasn’t sure what to do then. Should I go and say goodbye? Or should I stand and watch the man who had my mother killed die? So many emotions were running through me that I didn’t know what to think. Should I be sad or happy?

The dying duke had a hand on Alexander and quietly spoke to him. His face looked sorrowful as he spoke with his son but Alexander held a cold, hard face. “I’ve done some bad-unforgivable things in the past. I wouldn’t be surprised if you hate me for it,” the duke told his son, “Though believe me, I am sorry. I put you through so much; I have hurt you emotionally and physically and made you unhappy. Now I’m passing, I see how much I took you for granted and ruined your childhood and I deserve to die now. My child, I wish I didn’t have to go so soon; I won’t be at your wedding physically but in spirit I will. I love you Alexander and despite everything I’ve done, please remember me,”

  I watched Alexander’s face during the Duke’s speech and saw that he had the strangest twitch in his eye. He looked so cold and angry. His father’s apology didn’t seem to faze him in the slightest way. Instead of saying something in return, Alexander quickly exited the room. The duke’s eyes welled up as he heard the footsteps of his son leave his death bed. I felt sorry for him but only for split second; I realized this man didn’t deserve an ounce of my sympathy.