/Chapter Eight/ Remembering Alexander/

I know I promised to upload on saturday or sunday but computor problems + cover request=little writing :S Anwho here is chapter eight! Sorry its just a filler chaper but look forward to the next chapter, here's the title for it: Begging For Mercy ;) Seewhat i did there? XD XD XD

Enjoy! :D

(C) All Rights Reserved To D.S Lemonius.

_______________________________________________

/Chapter Eight/Remembering Alexander/

The sound of Marylyn’s laughter filled the once quiet peaceful garden as the breeze swooped in to sweep them away. She had been laughing for a while now, so long I wasn’t sure what I had said that was so humorous to her. Nevertheless it was nice to hear someone laugh around here.

“Marylyn, would you care for some more tea?” I asked her, holding up the china pot.

“Yes but I’ll do that my lady,” she tried to take away the pot from me but I held on to it and poured tea into her cup. She just smiled, “you are too kind my lady.”

“How many times must I tell you Marylyn? My name is not ‘my lady’, call me by my name.”

Again, Marylyn laughed. “I’m sorry Mercy, it’s just feels so odd addressing a person of such high status as I would a friend.”

“Well, officially I’m not of high status as of yet. I’m not married to Alexander yet.”

“Of course, you were meant to marry three days ago. I don’t know how the family are coping so well after the Duke’s death. I was heartbroken when I lost my mother, still am.” Marylyn took a tea cake from the plate on the table and began to nibble on it.

It was a tad strange how well this family was coping from an outsider’s eye but to me, we were all fine. I would always feel that bit of remorse for not being strong enough to do much more for the Duke when that demon began torturing him but it’s all in the past. I wasn’t going to dwell on the past because if I do, I’d never move forward. Alexander and his mother had to deal with a lot when he was alive, when he was ill and well. I guess it was a massive weight off their shoulders and they know he was at peace now. “Yes, but his death was expected so we had…prepared ourselves for the grief. Your mother is not lost. You know exactly where she is Marylyn,”

“I do?” she asked, curiously. Her eyes grew bigger.

“She’s right here,” I said, pointing at her heart.

She sighed and held a hand to her heart. “She is.”

“Oh, how rude of me not to ask, how does your mother’s dress fit?”

“It fits me like a glove, thank you for buying it for me. When I showed my father, he was most shocked. He thought mother had come back for a few moments but realised it was me.”

I sipped my tea slowly and began to nibble on a cake of my own. We were silent for a few moments, an awkward atmosphere was beginning to creep upon us but luckily, she spoke. “Erm, Mercy? What's…what's Alexander like?”

My brow scrunched up a little in confusion, “Surely I should be asking you that Marylyn, you’ve been here longer than I have.”

“Yes but I am merely a servant, I can’t exactly get to know my superiors. I hate to think ill of him, but he scares me a little bit. Is he nice?” she explained, nervously.

I thought he looked a little intimidating when I saw his portrait the first night I came but that melted away soon after. His outbreak of violence before didn’t scare me, just startled me. I guess he does really do look rather dark with his black locks and him refusing to were any brighter suits but I knew him. Inside, he was a little puppy; he was sweet and innocent. “Marylyn, take my word for it, he’s been hurt so many times and he’s been nice to me. He may not be nice to others but he is to me, I’m sure of that.”