/Chapter Eleven/ Betrayal/

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey!!!!!!

Sooo I know i took ages to upload this and it may be awfulk but Year nine is so stressfull.I had like-4 5 page essays due fir the same day and loads of revision works XP The joys off school :) Anywho.... Hope you like this chapter :D :D :D :D :D :D!!!

Enjoy! :D

Chapter Eleven: Betrayal

'Arise Child,' said the familiar voice, awaking me from my trance. I had not slept all night; I was so deep in thought before I got into bed I stayed like that till the impostor broke me from it.

The Morning was dark, misty and damp as I lay watching the scenery outside in my bed. The way I was positioned allowed me to see through the window and there was no light shining through the clouds. It was like the summer had ended already and the harsh winter was already fast approaching. Even within the confines of the villa walls, I could feel the cold. I could sense that this would be a bad day...I could feel it deep inside my very bones.

Groggily, I got up from my bed and walked to the mirror to take a look at myself. I did not a life without work when I was with my father, I had to work with my father when I was younger but the restless nights never took a toll on my face. As I looked at myself, it was like I was seeing an older woman-a tired, depressed Mercy. I had bags under my eyes and my face was paler than usual; I looked like death. I looked how I felt and I did not like it.

Sighing, I dragged myself and went about my morning routine as I assumed the impostor was going to have me fulfil some sort of task today. Putting on own of my less elegant high necked gowns, I exited my room and leaned against the door, waiting for the voice to instruct me. We came to an agreement last night – as long as I did as it said, it would not harm Alexander.

I felt a particularly cold breeze near my ear and soon heard, ‘you being very good Mercy, I’m impressed you are so willing to wait on my commands. Now, retrieve a carriage and go into the village. I’ll give you further instructions once you arrive. Go.’

I shivered as I felt the spirit leave my ear and sighed sadly. I hated being so clueless, having no idea what someone was going to do. I’ll admit that I used listen in on other people’s thoughts when I was younger. Though, I now know it was an invasion of a person’s privacy since that’s where a person goes for comfort. In your mind, no one can hear you; it’s like an empty room you carry around and enter as you please. I can’t read the thoughts of the impostor though. I’ve tried, but the material it is made up is too tough. It terrifies me.

I walked down the now familiar halls and found myself at the entrance of the villa but with all my strength, I couldn’t bring myself to open the doors.

‘What are you waiting for? Go!’ the voice demanded.

“I-I can’t,” I replied, dumfounded. It was hard enough listening to the impostor, what am I supposed to do when I can not follow it?

‘Why not?’ the voice seemed to be growing more and more impatient.

Then it dawned on me. “Give me a moment alone with Alexander, I must speak to him.”

‘I thought I said you are not to be with that-’

“I will not tell him of you, I just want to say goodbye just in case.” When the impostor did not answer me, I decided that was a ‘yes’ and rushed to Alexander’s room. When I got to the door I started too feel the salty tears of sadness sting my eyes. What if I never see him again? What if I do as the impostor tells me, but I do not manage to convince it to allow me to stay with him? My heart was torn and I wasn’t sure what to do. Could I say goodbye to Alexander? No, I would never if I had the choice. I can not picture a life without him anymore. The man I dreamed of was him. I could picture Alexander and I, years into the future, playing with our beautiful children and me loving him. The thought of never having that made the tears spill onto my cheeks. I love him and I need him, I don’t want to let him go.