Chapter One

I slightly open my eyes, the light blinds me momentarily. I rub my sky-blue eyes, wiping the foggy clouds away. I rearrange my leg position and roll over. I reach my arms above my head and stretch as far as I can. I sit up and peer around, like a fox at the start of dawn. I drag my schedule from under my pillow.

" Hmm.." I grip the planner that i got from the Training Headquarters. " Yesterday was~ Unidentified Creature, So today is-" I pan my fingertips across the small book. " Ah. Today is Fear of Darkness!" I say to myself a little too enthusiastic. I jump up, still clutching the book with my hand. I glance out my unusually large window. The outside of the building offers an over look of a wood-like landscape. If you look closely, you might catch a glimpse of the other dorm building for the younger trainers.

I toss my schedule on my pillow and prance to the mirror across my room. I look in it, facing my reflection. My chin-length brown and blonde hair is nothing compared to Jasmine's long brown hair. Jasmine's hair goes perfect with her soft plump lips, fair skin, chocolaty brown eyes, and slim body complection. I on the other hand, have short choppy hair, blue eyes, and also to top all that I weigh a little over. I see what Josh meant by; You're not my body type. Then again, i honestly don't care of his opinion on my " body type " or whatever. I grab the black leather jacket off the bunk i sleep on and head out the door.

Josh is the only thing in my mind, him saying I'm not his body type. I don't understand why that hurts me so much, but it does. "Megan!" A voice says from behind me in a loud whisper. I casually spin around.

" Hey Issah" I smile. His light brown hair and grey innocent eyes makes him attractive. He wears a white button-up shirt and dress pants. Today he doesn't have to go to training, so I think he is on patrol duty today. Issah is a little older than Josh, about a month I think. I actually really like him. He is very sweet.

He smiles back, " You look pretty today." He pats my head, he is about the same height as Josh.

" So do you." I say back and smile.

" I look pretty? " He grins.

"U-uh, I mean y-you look handsome." I stutter out of embarrassment.

" No, its fine, you are just so adorable." He grins even wider and walks passed me towards the computer area.

I walk towards the place I was supposed to be 10 minutes ago.

Closed due to technical problems. Is stated on a sign in front of the fear of darkness room. " Shit. " I say to myself.