Together At Last.

*Mitch's POV*

"Mitch, it hurts." Kirstie whispers for the hundredth time.

I don't care how many times she says it, this pain isn't normal and needs to be checked.

"Why... Why did you... Put it off?"

"I didn't think it was that important. I thought I was just having period pain or something."

"Please tell us. Always."

"I will, Mitchie."

We hear a knock at the door and a nurse enters.

"Hi, guys! I'm Dr. Whitley and I will be taking care of you today. What seems to be the problem?"

I glance at Kirstie.

"I've been... My head's been hurting a lot and I don't think it's normal."

The doctor writes down something.

"Medical history?"

"Um... I've been in two car accidents while on a tour bus. I lost my memory for a short while."

"I see. Okay. I'm just going to do a short checkup and then we will need to have a scan done of your head. It will be quick."

I watch carefully as a checkup is done on Kirstie to make sure that she's okay.

"Okay. Now we will do the scan. Please follow me."

We follow the doctor into a small room and Kirstie lies down on the bed.

"Me and Mr. Grassi will go behind this glass while the scan is taking place. The machine may be loud, so here are some earplugs."

I walk outside of the glass and wait until the scan is over.

I haven't told anyone what's going on yet.

I text everyone and tell them where we are and not to worry.

I immediately get worrisome texts back.

Did they not listen when I told them not to worry?

Kirstie and the doctor comes into the room a few minutes later.

"The info from the scan shows that her brain is perfectly normal. This is common after a traumatic brain injury. Painkillers should help and for her mental health, therapy should help since there are no motor issues."

"Thank you so much." Kirstie says and shakes the doctor's hand.

"My pleasure. Please watch yourself and let someone know if the pain persists or gets worse. Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas!" We yell and walk outside.

"I'm glad you're okay." I say.

"Me too. Did you get the Uber?"

"Yep. They should be here soon."

"Mitch, I'm sorry for making you come all the way out here and do all of this because I know-"

I put my hand over her mouth.