5

This is the 5th chapter of The Jock and the Cheerleader!! I'm so sorry I didn't update sooner! I'm sorry, it might be short. But I'm really busy with school. Anyways, hope you enjoy this next chapter. O(≧∇≦)O

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

"W-What are you talking about Tyler?" Josh stuttered and looked at me as if I was crazy. I scoffed, "I think you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Josh shifted in his seat again and avoided eye contact. "Tyler.. Please."

I watched him as he said that. I sighed, "Never mind. Its fine Josh you don't have to tell me." I started to drive home in a deadly silence between us.

"I love you, Tyler. I always had.." Josh's voice said, almost too quiet to hear. Anger built up inside me.

"Then why did you bully me?! If you loved me then you wouldn't had done that to me! You would have told someone or a teacher!" I tightened my grip on the steering wheel.

Josh sighed, "I-I did Tyler.. I went to the teacher to tell but they were scared of Ryan. They all are." Josh continued, "Haven't you ever noticed I never hit you at all during the.. Yeah?"

My face got sharp. "No actually."

This shot Josh down real fast. He opened his mouth to say something, but closed it again. He did this a few times before giving up and tiring to look at the window.

I pulled into the drive way of my house and parked the car. I took my key and unlocked the house, Josh right behind me.

I walled up stairs and flopped down on my bed. Josh came in and day down near my piano, "You play?"

I shook my head, "Yeah, you?" Josh laughed, "No, but I play drums." I smiled, We are finally getting somewhere besides fighting.

"You should play something." Josh said nervously. "I-I mean you don't have to! I was just asking." He started rambling.

I chuckled and sat down on the piano seat and started working my fingers over the keys. I opened my mouth and started singing the chorus of my newest song.

Am I the only one I know,

Waging m wars behind my face and above my throat,

Shadows will scream that I'm alone,

But I know I've made it this far...

I finished and looked at Josh. He was staring back at me. We were inches apart when he said something I thought I would never hear from him.

"I am sorry.."

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

That was the chapter! I the eight letters you thought were going to be 'I love you.' Nope!

Comment. Vote. Follow.