Adonis and Atticus: Snippet 5

"There's something happening in the Robot City, something that we need to know!" Atticus said to the room full of people slamming his fist down.  The room was filled with every single Resistance member:  those retired, those who go on missions and patrol, and those who are in various stages of training.  Atticus only called meetings for ceremonies or new schedules; he never called in all of them at that.  It was indeed serious.

"But how?  We can't get intel anymore!  Our people on the inside are trapped inside doing slave work!  They'll die from the labor if we don't do something," his second in command said pulling papers out of files.

"We can't do anything if we don't know what's happening!" Senior Al said before coughing into a napkin.  Everyone was running their hands through their hair and hanging their heads low.  Atticus was handling the situation as best as he could, but he was sub coming to the pressure.  He had sent those people inside.  All thirty of them.  If anything happened to them, it would weigh his shoulders down with grief.

The double doors to the room burst open and seven bloody figures walked in.  They barely made it in the door before they fell to the ground unmoving.

"Call in the medics!" shouted one of the trainees getting up from his chair pushing it backwards.  Everyone stood up and three people left to get the medics before it was too late.

"They're still breathing!" someone shouted with her hands stained with blood.  Atticus rushed over and fell on his knees next to the two women.

"Can you hear me?  What is your number?  What happened?"

"307," she whispered with a shaky breath.  'That's Briana's number.  She was only put in the outfield three months ago!' Atticus thought to himself.

"Hand.  In hand," Briana mumbled with her head lolling to the side and her body becoming limp.  Atticus looked up at the girl next to him.  She took the paper that was in Briana's hand and handed it to him before she threw up.

It said. . .

"They know, and they're coming." ~Adonis

*** 
Author's NoteI'm updating this super early because I'm at home sick and have nothing to doHopefully I can get some writing done today including the last thing for Hearing Everything Around MeI hope to get better soon so wish me wellThe next update will be Sunday for Can You Remember?.  As always, I love you all!

~jnicoleb1234 out!