Part 3: By you, and because of you

(Jungkook's POV)

Present Time

The moment I stepped out of the cupcake shop, I let out a huge huff of breath. Looking down at the cupcakes that were sitting in the bag, I felt my lips tug into a smile. I turned around to look through the window, in hopes of seeing her again after I left.

Frowning, I placed my fingers on the window to see nothing but the empty cashier desk.

I started to walk to the nearest bench to eat the cupcakes, they looked so delicious from afar and I couldn't help myself. The cupcake shop smelt of strawberries and chocolate, just like Seoyeon.

Sitting on the bench, I pulled out my camera, searching for a specific picture that I absolutely adored and admired just by the beauty of it. Stopping at the picture, I felt my thumb graze upon the viewfinder.

I stared at the picture of her. It was a candid photo of her, not knowing that someone was taking a picture of her from afar. Behind the window of a shop, she was sitting on top of the countertop, putting some frosting on her vanilla cupcakes that she just pulled out from the kitchen.

It was Seoyeon.

I smiled.

"Once upon a time.. the lost prince charming fell in love with his fake princess."

~~~~

(Narrator's POV)

Past - A year ago...

The two of them managed to enter through the school doors without causing any commotion or a whirl of whispers throughout the hallways. In all honesty, Seoyeon has never been so afraid of what people or her peers would think about her for being in this 'relationship' with Jungkook. On the other hand, Jungkook didn't seem to care, all he cared about was getting Haeun back.

And that's all that mattered to him.

"Why is it so quiet?" Seoyeon whispered, not noticing that she's still holding hands with Jungkook. Until she noticed, she scowled quietly, "ugh, and when can I let go?"

"I have no idea why it's surprisingly quiet, does it matter to you?" Jungkook hissed, before looking through the empty hallway. Once the coast was clear, he quickly let go her hand.

Seoyeon chuckled, smirking, "your hands are pretty disgusting when they're sweaty as fuck."

"One more insult and I'm going to kill you." He hissed and she folded her arms, still not convinced. "Don't tell me you want more burgers in order to convince you."

"Are my insults that harsh?" She smiled sarcastically, "come on, I thought you were better than me."

"You're lucky my parents raised me orderly, if I wasn't, I'd probably have punched you by now." He sighed angrily, combing his fingers through his hair. "Where the fuck is she?"

"Who?" Seoyeon asked before face palming herself. "Oh.. her."

"Yeah, for a highly graded student, you're pretty stupid." Seoyeon gasped and she playfully punched him in the arm, receiving a low chuckle from him. "It's true."

"One more insult and I'm never going to help you with your math, you douche." She mocked him, and Jungkook rose his hands up in defeat.

"Ugh, you win." He sighed, second-mindedly grabbing her hand as they walked down the hallway and up the stairs to her first period class.

They reached her class and he pulled her into a hug, wrapping his arms around her waist. He placed his lips on the crown of her head, placing soft kisses. He placed his hands on her cheeks, kissing her forehead and the tip of her nose. Seoyeon faked a giggle, before gagging on the inside.