Part 9: Can I Kiss You?

Present Time

(Seoyeon's POV)

My eyes stared at the entrance to the cupcake shop, waiting for a brown-haired boy to walk in and buy red velvet cupcakes. My eyes darted towards the red velvet cupcakes which were sitting perfectly untouched, waiting for a specific someone to come and buy them.

Hm, this feels so familiar, doesn't it?

I tapped my fingers onto the counter, looking around the shop as if I were going to find something to do before the shop opens. Suddenly, a faint 'ding' sounded from the kitchen, immediately sending me towards the oven filled with chocolate chunk cupcakes.

It's been like this for a week. Waiting for Jungkook to stop by, but it would just end up with my hoping that he would at the last minute before we close. But he never showed up.

For a week. How the tables have turned this time around.

Was this how it felt when I left him hanging without any explanation? Was this the patience that killed him and forced him to talk to me on that very night where I pushed him away?

Will he ever come back to talk to me?

I sighed, shutting my eyes as I put the cupcakes onto the table. I covered my head with my hands, as if the frustration would somehow ooze from the top of my head in a form of air. Opening my eyes again, I turned towards all of my utensils to grab a wooden spoon and a bowl to start making some cupcake batter.

As I gathered all my materials, I started to put them into the bowl, one by one. As I finished, I started to mix all of the ingredients together as fast as I could so that they'll be done by the time the store opens.

"Knew I would find you here," I turned around only to feel my grip grow tight around my wooden spoon that was in my bowl filled with cupcake batter.

It was early in the morning, the store hasn't opened just yet, and Chanwoo and Bora haven't arrived yet either. The door to the store was open, yet the sign still was on the "closed" side.

But what mattered was the woman who was standing right before me.

And that was Haeun.

"So.. you're successful now," she bit her lip, her eyes wandering throughout the kitchen. "Congrats."

"How did you get in here?" I asked her and she burst out into laughter. I raised an eyebrow, watching her walk around the whole kitchen.

"Still stupid," she smirked. "You're still stupid, aren't you? I got in through the front door. If you're going to leave your door open, at least turn the sign."

"It clearly said we're still closed, Haeun." I pursed my lips, releasing my tight grip on my wooden spoon. "Do you know how to read?"

"Fuck that, this is not what I'm here for." She rolled her eyes as she started to walk around the corner, her back facing me. "What I'm here for is to take Jungkook back."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and anger, "excuse me?"

"I want him back, do you need me to spell it out for you?" She questioned me as I shook my head to refuse.

"You can't." I replied softly as she turned around and squinted her eyes at me.

"I can't?" She chuckled bitterly. "Since when was he, yours?"

I fell silent. She was right. I was never Jungkook's girlfriend. I was never in a relationship with him. But what mattered at this point right now was that I knew that he's in love with me. Does that make me his?