Author's Note

9:52 PM

It's currently around 10 at night, and I've spent the past hour and a half just staring at the screen, finding at least something to type to start this author's note. And yet, I have no other words to say but a thank you.

Around a month back, I posted a separate author's note on my profile, but I decided to make another one here mainly because I really wanted to get a message across.

1:17 PM 

Scratch that, I fell asleep after writing that. 

It's 1:17 in the afternoon, and I somehow have an idea of what to tell you guys.

➳➳➳

This story was first posted on tumblr, on a scenario blog and was created about 1-2 years back. I created this whole prompt drabble game where I would give a set of prompts that readers could choose so that I could write something for them.

One of the prompts that sparked this whole series was a quote and a theme. 

Quote #4: "A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous." -Ingrid Bergman

Theme: Ex

The series then somehow came together within one night, and I found myself writing much more than expected for a prompt request. This brings us to the first chapter of No Strings Attached.

Now, what I did not expect at the time was a shit ton of readers and likes and all that jazz. That was mainly because I was just one of those rookie scenario blogs that rarely got readers and likes, because there was just so many of us. But somehow, overnight, the first chapter was read a shit ton of times. 

I woke up the morning after, turned on my phone, and I'm literally at a loss for words because of the amount of notifications I received overnight. There were tons and tons of messages sent into my askbox, pleading for me to write more.

Coming from a writer who's new to the scenario blog world, a writer who doesn't expect much, a writer who writes typical love stories, I was pretty shocked myself.

From then on, all those messages gave me motivation, and I found myself writing the whole series for the whole summer. I managed to finish the series in a matter of three months, and looking back at it now, I still get emotional.

A few months later, I decided to take it to the next level and share my story on wattpad. At the same time, I had low expectations, I did not expect for it to blow up. 

One month after posting the story on wattpad, I checked my notifications to see a small group of readers, and I was proud of that. But I didn't expect it to blow up within a year on wattpad.

It's been a year, and here I am, writing an author's note to give my huge gratitude to every single one of you. I did not expect this story to blow up on tumblr, and I definitely did not expect this story to blow up with almost 19K+ reads (and counting), 300+ comments, and 900+ votes.

I really didn't. And I just wanted to say a huge thank you.

Not only a huge thank you but also words of encouragement. 

To all those new writers out there, don't doubt yourself, keep writing until you feel like you've written a masterpiece. Trust me, it took me a shit ton of times to write No Strings Attached, a shit load of tears, and a shitty amount of coffee. If I could do it, so can you.

Don't give up on writing because one day, someone will find your work truly amazing.

Thank you so much. Thank you for stumbling upon my story whether you've already read it on tumblr when I posted the first chapter or whether you were just searching for a fic and somehow found this. Thank you.