Chapter 23

Camila was currently waiting for Lauren to step in as today she had yet another check up. Last night was kinda tough on her since everything she had witnessed.

"Hey, sorry it took so long. I couldn't find my keys." Lauren said as she stepped in the car. Camila just smiled. "It's okay." She said as she drove to the hospital.

"So how was your day?" Lauren asked her curiously. "Boring like always.. school." She shrugged. Lauren eyed her for a moment. "No trouble? You don't need help with something?" She asked.

Camila shook her head. "I'm all good. How are you? Good things happened?"

She then noticed the bashful smile on Lauren's face. "Yeah, I met this guy.. His name is Liam. He's special. I like him a lot." There it was that familiar pain Camila felt last night. It was in the way Lauren's face lit up when she mentioned Liam. That broke Camila. But she had to keep a smile on her face.

"That's great to hear. I bet he's better than Luis." Camila said trying to cheer the girl up. Lauren nodded and smiled. "Yes he definitely is. I know I can't say that for sure because I don't know him for long but I don't know it feels different.. Like when I first met Luis he already was kinda cocky and too forward, Liam is different." Lauren explained and looked at Camila smiling.

"Well then I don't need to worry. Or slap someone in the face." Camila joked and Lauren laughed. "No you don't. He does want to meet you. He has a lot of respect for you, you know? He told me that he wants you to be okay with us. I am sure you will right?" Lauren looked at Camila expectantly.

The younger girl nodded. "Ofcourse if I hear you talking like this then it must be a good guy. As long as he knows that the baby is mine.."

"Ofcourse he knows and he knows you will always be number one for our baby and then he can be like the stepfather but that's far away.." Lauren said reassuring. She didn't want Camila to think she wanted to replace her role in this whole child thing.

They finally arrived and Camila parked her car.

Together they walked inside. Going to Dr. Howard's room.

"Hello my favorite couple." He greeted them. "How many times do we have to tell you we are not together anymore?" Camila said laughing at how funny their doctor always was. "Well in my eyes you still are. My fave couple."

"You say that to all your patients." Lauren smirked at him. As she layed down on the chair. "Actually I don't. Let me tell you something. I am really fascinated with Camila's condition.. So that's why I kinda like you guys. It's a miracle that she made you pregnant. Not to mention you guys look insanely good together." He smiled at them.

"I agree." Camila answered and Lauren gave her this glare. After that the whole time Lauren gave Camila the cold shoulder. The brunette didn't understand why she was acting like this.

Maybe hormones?

"You want to go to KFC?" Camila suggested as they were in the car now heading back home. The check up went well. They didn't want to know the gender though. It was going to be a surprise.

Lauren just ignored Camila's question and looked out the window. "Okay what did I do wrong now?" Camila said being a little fed up with how Lauren had acted there. "You fucking know." She hissed, her arms were crossed as she continued to stare out the window.

"Well if I ask you then clearly I don't." Camila said confused. "Stop this car now I'm walking!" The dark haired girl suddenly blurred out. What was this? Camila thought to herself.

"No! Because you're going to tell me now what is wrong!" The younger girl said getting angrier within seconds. "Why do you mess with me like that?" Lauren finally said. "Mess? What did I do?"