Chapter 30- One Last Case...

A/N- Quick note... sorry this took a while, eek! Mild language in this... like really mild in my opinion but you've been warned I guess

~~~~

Sherlock's POV.

John flinched as Darcy slammed the door shut and I just stared at it, narrowing my eyes slightly.

Why would she be angry? Mycroft did something remotely nice, she should be pleased, he doesn't normally express such emotions, and he was right as much as I hated to admit it.

It was safer.

"What the hell was that?" John exclaimed and I glanced over at him, Mycroft raised his eyebrows and smirked before lowering himself to sit on the arm of the chair.

I frowned briefly, "What?"

"You really don't know anything do you?" He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

I groaned, "Look, if this is about the solar system again-"

"No!" He cleared his throat, "No. Darcy. What you said to her."

"What did I say?!" I huffed loudly and dropped my violin into my lap.

John rubbed his face, exasperated, "She expected you to be on her side."

"You weren't!" I raised my voice and leant forward in my chair.

He grumbled and sat down heavily on the sofa, "Sherlock, that's what she expects from me. But you, she looks up to you-"

"God knows why." Mycroft commented and I clenched my jaw as he stood, "Well, this has been delightful, Sherlock think over my offer."

I raised my eyebrows challengingly and he wandered over to the door, "See you very soon, John. Good luck with Miss Byrne, brother mine." At that he left and I started to pluck at the strings of my violin again.

"Apologise to her." John stated as soon as Mycroft was gone and I looked harshly at him, he pointed a finger at me sternly, "Go in there and talk to her."

"What-?" I started before the buzzing of my phone interrupted me, I opened it to see Lestrade had texted me about a case, "Lestrade. I've been summoned. Coming?"

I stood as John huffed, "If you want me to."

"Of course." I smirked and grabbed my coat, turning back to him, "I'd be lost without my blogger."

I started to leave and John stopped me by saying, "Aren't we going to get Darcy?"

"I may not be entirely at one with understanding human emotions John but I do know perfectly well that you must leave an angry teenage girl alone for at least an hour before approaching." I stated pointedly, without taking a breath leaving him stood with his mouth hanging open.

----------------------------------------------------------

Darcy's POV.

I leant on the back of the door after shutting it and covered my face with my hands, did they really hate me that much?

Sherlock seemed to actually care most of the time so why would he want me to leave?

I dug my fingers into my scalp and forced away the tears starting to brim in my eyes, I let out a small grunt out of anger and kicked the bed frame.

A huge pain shot through my toes and my foot, I cried out in agony and grasped my foot whilst hopping around on one leg. "Shit." I muttered and sat on the edge of the bed, putting my head in my hands.