Chapter 38- Van Buren Super...wotsit.

A/N- This took ages... I had this planned out and stuff, had written most of it just didn't have to time to get it out soon enough though. Sorry...

~~~~

Darcy's POV.

"Hurry up!" Sherlock shouted back to us as we scrambled out of the cab.

I rolled my eyes, "Going as fast as I can, given the fact I'm not out the cab yet." I stood on the pavement, "Okay, now I am."

Sighing, I ran after Sherlock and John into the school, where we'd find Professor Cairns. My coat flowing out furiously as I ran behind them and turned around each corner with them right in front of me.

Sherlock barged through a door and I glanced at the sign on the way in, Planetarium, so she wasn't a Professor of Art then? Damn.

"Golem!" Sherlock shouted as we entered the back of the theatre and I saw the beastly, huge man in the shadows, attacking Cairns. He noticed us and let go of Cairns, surprised we were there.

"...many are actually long-dead, exploded into supernovas." A voiceover said into the auditorium and I immediately blocked the voice out, it not being the main focus at the minute. That being the gigantic man that we now had to tackle and possibly arrest without acual legal authority.

As Cairns fell to the ground her fingers must have caught on the buttons on her podium and the narration went into fast-forward, the theatre was plunged into darkness.

"Sherlock!" I shouted out desperately as Sherlock himself shouted out, "John!"

I huffed as John replied, "I can't see him. I'll go round. I'll go!" He hurried off as the footage kept stopping and starting, causing the auditorium to fill with flashing lights.

"I'll check Cairns." I stated and jogged up the steps to the podium Cairns was laid behind.

Sherlock was stood staring around the room, "Who are you working for this time, Dzundza?" He said loudly over the fast speech from the footage.

I crouched down beside Cairns' body and looked her over fully, reaching out a hand, I checked her pulse on her neck. But it was obvious, her neck was broken completely and I could feel how limp it was under my fingers.

A loud grunt emanated from the small stage and I stood sharply to see the Golem with his hands clasped around Sherlock's face, my eyes widened and I ran down the steps quickly but then stopped as John appeared next to me.

John pointed his gun at Dzundza and shouted, "Golem!" He cocked the gun in his hands, "Let him go, or I will kill you."

Sherlock struggled against him and my expression hardened, the Golem kicked out a leg in a moment of darkness and I watched as the gun flew from John's hands. I ran after Sherlock as the Golem dropped him to the floor and starting to attack John.

"Gun!" Sherlock grunted and I looked around wildly to see the gun laying on the floor just behind John and the Golem as they wrestled. Getting to my feet quickly, after Sherlock did the same, I leapt out of the way as the Golem threw John into Sherlock and they both fell to the floor.

I darted towards the gun as best as I could, while Sherlock and John tried to get up again, only to be grabbed around the waist by a hugely long arm. The Golem held me tightly around my middle and put his entire other hand over my face.

My breathing grew shallow and I wriggled violently in the firm grip, soon the air would be cut off and I would die. Great.

"Let her go, Dzundza, I'm the one you want here." Sherlock threatened and I mumbled underneath the hand across my mouth, that smelt awful I might add.