Chapter 31- Aren't We Kind? Right?

Darcy's POV.

We'd been in St Barts for a while, Sherlock was examining something in the microscope, and John was pacing back and forth, whilst I was sat reading Mary's Child and occasionally pulling faces of confusion when it got weird.

I was sat on the end of the bench with Sherlock on my left side and neither of us were saying a word, that's probably why John was looking extremely annoyed as he paced.

"So, who'd you suppose it was?" John finally broke the silence and I lowered the book only slightly, so I could see over it.

A phone trilled and echoed in the silent room, Sherlock hummed questioningly in reply and I looked up at them both but leaving my book still open in my hands.

"The woman on the phone- the crying woman." John reiterated and I rolled my eyes, putting my book back up as a barrier.

"Oh, she doesn't matter. She's just a hostage. No lead there." Sherlock told him.

I smirked and inputted softly, "Agreed."

John huffed exasperated, "For God's sake, I wasn't thinking about leads."

I dropped my book down, open, onto the table and commented, "And what could you possibly do for her?" Sherlock glanced up at his computer then over at me briefly before going back to his microscope.

"Are- are they trying to trace the call?" John asked desperately.

"The bomber's too smart for that." Sherlock uttered and the same trill went off, "Pass me my phone."

I half-smiled, I knew it was his and I opened my book on the table. John looked around the room and sighed, "Where is it?"

"Jacket." Sherlock answered pointedly and I chuckled under my breath as I saw John straighten up and march towards Sherlock. He rummaged around in the inside pocket of his jacket and Sherlock warned angrily but still looking down, "Careful."

I started to get bored with the story and leant my chin on my arms I had put up on top of my book. John took out the phone and looked at it, "Text from your brother." He told Sherlock and I rolled my eyes.

"Delete it." Sherlock responded in a bored tone and I breathed out a laugh.

"Delete it?" John questioned in disbelief.

I raised my eyes to look at John properly, "They're probably out of the country now anyway. The missile plans. Nothing you can do."

Sherlock suddenly turned his attention to me and frowned, I shrugged back at him and focused on the dripping tap across the room.

"Well, Mycroft thinks there is. He's texted you eight times, Sherlock. Must be important." John stated and Sherlock looked over at him in exasperation.

"Then why didn't he cancel his dental appointment?" He said tetchily.

John frowned, "His what?"

"God John, Mycroft never texts anyone if he can talk." I said almost sarcastically and noticed Sherlock smiled a little.

"Exactly. Andrew West stole the missile plans, tried to sell them, got his head smashed in for his pains." Sherlock inputted.

I sat up and knocked the table, "End of story." Sherlock turned slightly to me and half-smiled.

"The only mystery is, Darcy, why is my brother so determined to bore us when somebody else is being so delightfully interesting?" He raised his eyebrows and smirked slightly before looking back down at his microscope.