Chapter 35- Boom. Break Down...

A/N- Little bit of a filler... though it was needed to slow it down a little...

~~~~

Darcy's POV.

Again, we were traipsing up the stairs to Lestrade's office. Exhausted, I could barely keep up with Sherlock who was way ahead of me.

"Raoul de Santos is your killer. Kenny Prince's houseboy. Second autopsy shows it wasn't tetanus that poisoned Connie Prince- it was botulinum toxin." Sherlock announced, brandishing the folder he'd somehow obtained from inside his coat pocket and put it down harshly on Lestrade's desk.

I leant forward on my knees, breathing heavily, "Like... Carl... Powers? Tut-tut..."

"Our bomber's repeated himself." Sherlock added as Lestrade picked up the file and headed for his office, all of us following and me still trailing behind.

"So how'd he do it?" Lestrade asked us.

"Botox injection." Sherlock and I said at the same time, John just stared after us looking confused.

Lestrade turned back to us, "Botox?"

"Diluted form of botulinum." I answered, in a sing-song voice. Hardly appropriate for the scenario but hey, anything to keep my energy levels up right?

Sherlock glared at me slightly before continuing, "Among other things, Raoul de Santos was employed to give Connie her regular facial injections My contact at the Home Office-"

"Get you." I commented under my breath and he just glared at me again.

"-gave me the complete records of Raoul's internet purchases." He finished and pointed at the file in Lestrade's hands, "He's been bulk ordering Botox for months."

I smirked and raised my eyebrows, "Naughty, naughty."

"Bided his time, then upped the strength to a fatal dose." Sherlock added, oblivious to my comment and John's face getting angrier by the second.

Lestrade glanced between both me and Sherlock, "You two sure about this?"

"Absolutely." I answered for us both.

"All right- my office." Lestrade announced, walking into his office and I followed but stopped as John pulled Sherlock back.

I frowned as he asked him, "Hey, Sherlock. How long?"

"What?" Both me and Sherlock said at the same time.

"How long have you know, Sherlock?" John reiterated.

I looked between them both, "Known what?"

"Well, this one was quite simple, actually, and like I said, the bomber repeated himself. That was a mistake." Sherlock answered and my mouth dropped open slightly in realisation as Sherlock tried to follow Lestrade but John pulled him back again.

"No, but Sherl... the hostage... the old woman. She's been there all this time." John almost stuttered, trying to get his head around it all.

I rubbed a hand down my face, "Oh my god." I said under my breath.

Sherlock leant closer to John, "I knew I could save her. I also knew that the bomber had given us twelve hours. Don't you see? I solved the case quickly; that gave me time to get on with other things. Don't you see? We're one up on him!"

They stayed like that, creating an awkward silence. I cleared my throat and rocked on my heels, "Okay, lets go." I grabbed Sherlock's arm and turned him to walk into Lestrade's office, he did and we left John looking rather angry still.