SnK-AOT: ~JeanMarco~

'If only I had helped you.'

Leaves from the vine..

A mother watches her small freckled child wander in the grass before her, the sun beaming on his soft baby like skin.
A happy smile grows on his chubby face as he watches a butterfly flutter by, it flapping its wings in the soft breeze.
A soft smile arose on the womans face, ad she stared at her playful son.
'He'll be something great someday.' She thought to herself. She knew it. He would. He was a great child with many possibilities.

'Falling so slow, like fragile tiny shells, drifting in the foam.'

The sun hits the boys face as he beams at his mother, curiosity and excitement running throughout his body.
Marco Bodt.
A curious child at that. He was strong, honest and was absolutely the best boy in his village.
He was always a kid that traveled closely around the adults, learning from them as much as he could. He didn't have many friends because of this, but he didn't need friends he thought. Just education for the real world.
Though, it was hard to learn from other adults because of his mother shielding him. He was always stuck inside, unless it was a special occasion. He couldn't understand why, but his mother said it was for safety.
He was just happy to finally happy to be outside and was happy to be able to explore.

'Little solider boy,
Come marching home.'

Years passed. Marco bodt had grown and was finally a man.
He wanted to do something for humanity, use his experience and risk his life. He wanted to take in new education and put it to work.
He kissed a woman softly on the forehead, her chocked sobs becoming louder as Marco Bodt pulled away from her.
"I love you mom." The boy whispered and turned, heading toward the door.
He shakily turned the knob and walked out, the sobs of the woman getting slightly louder. He felt bad, but, he wanted to do this.
For everyone else.

'Brave solider boy....'

"M-M...ar..co....." A yellow haired boy whispered, shaking as he looked at his deformed friend. Partner.

'Come marching...'

A knock rings through the house and a freckled woman throws her door open in excitement, hoping to see her beaming son behind it, waiting for him to tackle her in hugs and kisses. She couldn't wait for this day.
This day was promised to her.
Since Marco left.

'Home.'

Jean sobs and puts a fist over his chest and a hand over his back, crying too much to speak to the woman about her sons death.
After he was done breaking down in front of her, he would have to tell her.
Tell her, her own son is dead. Gone. He's left earth because of others. He risked his life and it was taken from him so quickly.
He died and Jean didn't stop it. He couldn't. He still blamed himself.
Did he feel like an ass?
Yes.
Definitely..oh god...What does he do now?