Chapter 7: What Hides in The Dark

I continued to walk in the dark, not knowing what i was stepping on or what was ahead of me.
"Im close," i whispered to myself, since i left i had gotten quite a good idea of where i would go. To my only other friend on the island. TinkerBell. It was just after i tripped over a tree root, or at least thats what i thought it was. I struggled to get to my feet when it came, out from behind the trees, a black figure, with bright white eyes. He came closer as i took several steps back. I could feel the red lights flashing all over in my head. It spoke in a slithery, echoy, whisper, "Youu, Chiilld of Caaptain Hook, Lovver of Pete-ter Pan, Are ssmart enough to wander alone during the middest of the night. When the demonss that don't wander in the daylight coomme out to plaay?"
I took a deep breathe, "I don't think that should concern you, after all this is our first meeting." i said trying to sound calm.
"Sssoo you say, I am Peter Pan's Shadow, and havvve no worry. For i am ssimply here to assssit you."
"Assist me? What makes you think i need assisting?"
"Youuurr struggle when it comes to love, is noted in your eyesss."
I looked down for a moment as it continued to speak, "Evvven thooough i am noot attached to Pan anymoore we are still linked, therefore i can feel every lassst biit of loovve and piittyyy he feels."
"Pitty?" i asked, "Towards who?"
"I-iii cannot sssay, but hisss loovve for onnne of youuu weakens meee, therefore killing the issland, ennddd thiss maddness, Ecchooo Cavve revveeaalls all truthhsss. Take hiimm there if youuu truly wisssh to know, and make your choicc-" The sun began to rise in the east casting the shadow away.
I felt a sudden dizziness hit me, and i fell back, into pitch black darkness.
"Bella, Bella?" i could hear a soft voice whispering in my ears or was it just in my head? Anyhow I tried so hard to open my eyes, but my eyelids gained like fifity pounds i listened in again, "I think shes coming to, Tink," i heard another voice say.
I barely opened my eyes and was actually able to get a word come out of my mouth, "Tink?" I felt my bed shake as she jumped up and down from happiness, i opened my eyes fully now.
"Ohhh Bella," she said giving me a hug, "Im soo glad your okay, gosh you had me scared to death when Terrance brought you here unconscious."
I sat up now, i put my hands threw my hair, as I felt a huge wave of pain hit my head, "Woah," i said wideneing my eyes, "Where are we?" i asked as i looked around. We were in a hard wood room, or at least thats what i thought, "Your in Pixie Hollow's infermerey" she said as if she were trying to jog my memory, i turned to look at her, beside her was a blonde boy wearing the top of an acorn as a hat i pointed to him and managed a smile, "Terrance?" i asked.
"Thats me," he replied.
I stood up now, i couldn't help but feel like something was different, "Wait," i turned to face Terrance, "How did you get me here?"
He gave me a small smile and began to explain, "I was on a delivery run, handing out Pixie Dust to some of the fairies, when i literally saw you fall back onto the floor. I flew to you, but i you were too big for me to carry you here, so i used what i had left of the Pixie dust to shrink you. And that's when i brought you here."
I rasied my eyebrows, "Wow, Thanks man, i owe ya one," i said as i patted his arm. He smiled and nodded.
"So this is the famous, Pixie Hollow," I said as i looked outside the little window to see a bunch of flying fairies working.
"Is that all you guys do all day? Work?" i asked.
Tink nodded, "Sort of thats why we have talents though, so we can work at what we're best at and never get bored."
"Hmp," i said lifting my shoulders up and back down.
"Well i better get going, im expected back at Tinkers Nook, Terrance here will keep you company while im gone," said Tink. I rasied my eyebrows and managed a smile as she flew away. I turned to Terrance, "So whats your talent?"
He pulled out a little sack with some yellow sparkly glow stuff in it, "I work with Pixie Dust," he answered, "But since I found you, i kinda got the day off." I laughed, "Must be feeling pretty lucky right now huh?"
He nodded, "Not really, i shockingly love and enjoy what i do. Never get tired of it."
I looked at him he really did look like he loved his job and i had nothing to say about that, other than to feel a sense of admiration towards the guy.
"So," he said, "Want a tour of our small but big villiage?"
"Sure, why not."
We spent the next few hours talking and laughing getting to know each other as he showed me the rest of the village.
"Wow," i said, "You guys have got quite the place here, almost like paradise."
He laughed, "It is Paradise."
By the time nightfall came i had pretty much met everyone in the village and knew where everything was. In the end the fairies were more than welcoming, they had set up a little flower for me to sleep in for the night. Once more i had to say thank you to Terrance as he dropped me off at my flower house. I really did owe him one at this point, not many would have helped a stranger like the way he did. And for a moment I forgot about all my troubles, Pan, Wendy, Pan's Shadow, and so much more, all of It just slipped by me as i slept.
The next morning I woke up to the sound of knocking, it was Tink, "Well aren't you an early bird," i told her, she looked excited.
"C'mon," she said tugging on my arm, "Follow me, i have to show you something."
I laughed, "I thought i saw everything i needed to see yesterday."
"This is different," she replied.
We didn't walk for long, we ended up stopping just outside Pixie Hollow.
"Here sprinkle this all over you," she said as she handed me a handful of pixie dust. Just like that i was a full grown human again, and so was Tink. She brought me up to a tree and at first i hadn't noticed it, but it was one of the most incredible things i had ever seen. It turned out TinkerBell and some other fairies spent the night building me a tree house, "My Get Away" they called it. I laughed and began to thank every fairy in sight considering they were all rounded up now. I couldn't have felt more at home, and for that one moment i felt like staying permanently, "I'm sorry, Am Interrupting something?" i turned for i recognized that smoothe, mellow voice, I felt my heart climb up to my throat, "Felix?"