03.

"dear fred,

today was the day of your official funeral. it's only been fourteen days since you've left, but everybody thought it'd be better to have it today.

i cried a lot. i didn't go longer than 10 minutes without crying during it. it got to the point where both george and i had to leave for a bit. we returned to see your body get buried. it killed me. i didn't want to believe the body that i once called home was cold and six feet under.

some people were saying their final goodbyes to you, but i couldn't bring myself to do it. i don't wanna say goodbye yet.

your family invited me over for dinner tonight. in fact, george and i just returned home. it was the first time i set foot in the burrow since bill and fleur's wedding. god, time flies.

i know i probably should've went sooner to support your family, but everything was just so hard since i was constantly reminded of you. in my defense, i can barely look at george. george can't even look at himself. besides, the burrow reeks of memories of you, of us. do you remember the first time we made out the summer we went to the world quidditch cup? or the time you tried to come sleep with me but your mother hit you upside the head? gosh, i'd give anything to bring it all back.

dinner was pretty awkward at first, molly started crying because she accidentally called george, fred. that set off a chain that had george crying, which had me crying, which made ginny cry, and then charlie was crying and he has this tiny pocket dragon who is so cute.

charlie has been bonding with lots of dragons. one of them are so fond of him that he comforts charlie while he cries over you. (luna had said the dragon was actually you. in that case, i must borrow him soon.)

percy has drowned himself in work. i have never seen him so stressed. he refuses to cry, i suppose. i mean, i understand. he just got your forgiveness and you're gone. i should try to busy myself like that too.

bill has been doing okay. he's a little shaky, and sometimes fleur has to snap him out of his trances. we could've gotten married. it could've been in the backyard, just like theirs. minus the death eater attack and what not.

ginny and harry are still a thing. ginny doesn't like to cry, we all know this. she's been holding up well, and according to molly, only cries at night. tonight was the first time since you died that i saw her cry, and it was a big, emotional, ugly cry. somehow, her red hair and freckles managed to keep her seeming beautiful.

ron is also holding up well. he and hermione are a thing now. you win the bet. he's also been fairly strong, but he's distant. sometimes he sits in your old bedroom and just stares at the wall. one day he asked to go to our apartment and we sat on the floor and cried together. and fred, he misses you so so so much.

your parents are recovering slowly. they're trying to stay strong for us all. your mother has to turn picture frames around. the spoon with your name and face from the clock fell off. she cried over it, and she carries it with her everywhere. your father is also busying himself with work. he's stressed, but refuses to become broken.

the thing is, your family is so broken because you're gone. we miss you so much.

love always,
calla"