09

"dear fred,

i am 14 weeks pregnant as of today. i decided to tell george a day before the rest of your family. he held me and listened to me sob. he told me he would help as much as he could with the pregnancy. i wish i got a video or something of his reaction. at first he sat on the floor holding his head in disbelief, but then he hugged me and i cried and he kissed my barely showing belly and told our little baby that he would be there for us.

i just returned home from dinner with your family where i broke the news. inside, you shall find a copy of the reveal and the reactions.

all the love,
calla and baby fred"

+

Calla sighed, looking up at George with uneasiness. They had just apparated from their apartment and were now standing in front of The Burrow. They could smell Molly Weasley's cooking and could hear the cries of Teddy Lupin, Remus and Tonks' newborn.

"It'll be fine. You'll be okay." George reassured Calla, pressing his lips to her forehead. "Honestly, Cal. I'm sure they'll all be ecstatic. We all need something good in a time like this. Mum will probably spoil you during your pregnancy." He chuckled, making the shorter girl smile.

With a deep breath, they walked towards the front door of The Burrow and entered.

"Hello," George greeted. "Your favourite person has entered the room." He joked, smiling at his broken — but okay — family.

"Oh, hello dear." Molly Weasley smiled, pulling George close for a bone-crushing hug. She sighed at his still blue hair, but didn't say anything. "And Calla! So good to see you."

Calla was pulled into Molly's arms and she hugged back just as tight. "Hello, Mrs. Weasley. Same for you."

Calla offered to help finish dinner, but was shooed away. George led her into the dining room — where all her relatives, even if they weren't blood, sat. Arthur Weasley grinned at Calla — he always saw her as a daughter and he once admit he preferred her over Fred as a joke. He was glad she hadn't died in the war, and his worry over her always made Calla feel warm.

Her own father was never around — getting into dark arts, he joined the Death Eaters before getting himself killed. As for her mother, she had fallen sick years ago, leaving Calla an orphan. She had no siblings, and never heard of aunts or uncles. She stayed with a family friend until she was of age and lived with Tonks — and then Tonks and Remus.

So this — the Weasleys, Harry, Hermione, and Teddy — was her family. The only family she ever really knew.

After hugging and greeting everybody, Molly called for help to bring the dinner in. They all chattered and enjoyed themselves as much as they could. They cherished family dinners a lot more since the war.

When dinner was finished, the large family sat in the living area. Teddy was in Calla's arm, giggling at George who was flashing silly faces at him from over Calla's shoulder.

Calla cleared her throat, gathering everyone's attention. She looked at George and he nodded, grabbing Teddy and sitting beside Calla. Earlier George had hidden a camera to secretly capture his family's reaction.

"I have some, uh, some important news." Calla stuttered, her voice shaking slightly. She looked at her family members who all stared at her with concern.

"Is everything alright, sweetheart?" Arthur asked.

Calla nodded, breathing in deeply. "I'm pregnant." She blurted.

For a moment, nobody said anything. They just stared at Calla. But then Fleur jumped up and threw her arms around her.

"That's wonderful, I'm so happy for you!" Her thick accent rung in Calla's ears.

And then Ginny got up to hug her and Hermione joined.

"How far along are you?" Hermione asked.

"14 weeks." She replied, letting go of the girls.

Charlie tripped upon hearing how far she was, Molly gasped, and Percy froze.

"That means it's...it's," Bill choked on his words, unable to finish his sentence.

"It's Fred's." Calla smiled weakly, a few tears threatening to spill over. "What'd you think, I'd go out with someone other than Fred?" She laughed. The family laughed a little too, but it felt forced.

Molly was crying beside Arthur. Charlie got up and engulfed Calla in a hug, kissing her head. "Hang in there, kiddo." He whispered. "I'm here, always." Calla nodded, crying a bit, and thanked him.

Bill and Percy both hugged her tightly, also telling her they'd help anytime. Arthur pat Calla's shoulder before pulling her into a hug, and Molly sobbed into Calla's shoulder, looking down at her stomach. She gave it a little pat and told Calla she was proud and happy for her.

Hermione pushed Ron and Harry to their feet and they both hugged Calla awkwardly but comfortably. "You shagged my brother," Ron scrunched his nose. "That's gross, Cal."

"It wasn't the first time." Calla snickered.

"Seriously, congratulations. I know Fred would be ecstatic." Rom smiled, patting her head as if she was a dog.

"Yeah," Calla sighed. "He would've been a good dad."