05.

"dear fred,

things have been getting easier. george uncovered the mirrors today, and i found him staring at himself and crying. he kept saying sorry, something along the lines of me having to look at him everyday. i don't mind anymore. i jokingly told him it was harder to have sex with you and then look at him. he laughed, and then he came up with a plan.

george wanted to dye his hair, just until he could look into a mirror without crying. i supported his choice, and instead of doing it the easy way with magic, we decided to go to a muggle shop and buy a box. we couldn't figure it out for awhile, and we shouted directions to each other, but in the end, we did it. his hair is now a very wonderful shade of blue. and it was fun, we laughed and we didn't think of you.

that sounds mean and selfish. but we didn't cry, we weren't mourning. we were okay, and it felt like we were able to be happy again. of course we thought of you, we just didn't think of your death. i almost forgot you were gone. you could've been working or running errands and you would've joined us for dinner soon. god, i wish that could've been true.

it was weird seeing george with blue hair, but i no longer thought it was you i would see. we were able to uncover all the mirrors, and george wouldn't cry, but he'd stare sadly into them.

your mother was furious at first. she lectured him and everything, but charlie laughed and said george was an adult and could make his own choices. i think it helped him too, he didn't pull his little dragon friend out as much when george was around. after lecturing him, i swear george said his reason for dyeing his hair was because he kept thinking it was you in the mirror.

why'd you have to leave so soon?

with all the love,
calla x"