1.9

Fred left Arthur beside Calla to sleep. Calla had literally passed out from exhaustion, yet using her wand, she put the resurrection stone in a ring so Fred could speak with his family and see Arthur.

However, the reunion with his family was cut short when doctors ran towards Calla's room, loud and quick beeps being heard.

Fearing that it was fatal, Fred and George were the first to sprint to the room. Nurses refused their entry and tried pushing them back, but Fred was being difficult. "That's my baby!" Fred shouted, distressed. "THAT'S MY BABY!"

George wasn't going down either. Although he wasn't screaming, he was stressing that it was important for him to be there for Arthur, arguing with a nurse.

Between Fred's shouts and George's arguments, the Weasley family gathered around the one room, asking what was going on. Charlie was trying to pull Fred back while Bill tried his best to grab George.

"For somebody who's dead, this is just as hard as when you were alive." Charlie grumbled, pulling on Fred. "And I work with dragons for Christ sake!"

The exclamation got Charlie a slap to the head as the Weasley's didn't enjoy jokes over Fred's death — even if it was Charlie's way to come to terms with it.

"Relax!" A doctor shouted, raising her wand. "The baby is fine! It's the mother."

Fred felt like dying all over again. His arms fell limp by his side as he backed up a little. "What's wrong with my Calla?" He asked, swallowing hard.

Even George looked defeated, surprised that it wasn't the baby having complications but rather Calla.

"We're going to need all of you to go back to the waiting room. We'll explain there."

All of the Weasley's shuffled into the waiting room, a majority of them slumping into chairs. Fred paced back and forth, biting his nails.

"George Weasley?"

All of the Weasley's stood.

"I'm George." George said, glancing at Fred who was wiping his hands on his pant leg although he really didn't need to. He was dead. He didn't sweat when he was nervous anymore.

"Calla Atkins is the mother of your deceased brother's child correct?" All of the Weasley's cringed and Fred frowned. "Well Ms. Atkins was exhausted and she's in such a bad state from labour as she lost a lot of blood."

"You're just noticing?" Fred blurted. The doctor glanced to him before looking at George.

"We were able to save her but there's still a chance she can get worse."

"Is the baby okay?" Molly asked, wringing her hands.

"The baby is perfectly fine. You're allowed to go see them now."

The large group watched the doctor leave before following Fred to the room.

Fred's lip trembled at the sight of Calla laying unconscious in bed while Arthur was awake in his incubator.

George immediately went to Arty, lifting him for the rest of the family to coo. The baby was passed member to member as Fred laid next to Calla, playing with her hair.

"Don't you dare go out on Arthur," He whispered so his family wouldn't hear. "He needs you."