Chapter 2: What will they think?

I now reached Emily's house. As always, she was playing on the shore of the canal. How filthy. I ran down the ramp and made it to her, panting.

"Hey Emily!" I said as Emily turned around with a fishing net full of shells.

"Hi! Take a look Jeriyan! Its snails!" Emily shuffled the net and pointed to an area of the water. "I caught a bunch of them!" My face was filled with disgust as I saw the snails slowly moving in the water.

"Well, okay......Anyways! You remember Jeff, right, the killer?" I said after coughing a little.

"Of course I do, you talk about that time you met him all the time," Emily said in boredom, throwing a snail into the deep end of the canal.

"Haha, well......" I let out. My cheeks began to swell with redness, "Um..." I was acting awkwardly as Emily raised her eyebrow,

"Did you see Slenderman?" She said with a surprised look on her face, oblivious to my secret. The fact that Jeff waited for me to be on her own dawned me. Maybe he wanted alone time with me?

"No Slenderman! He haunted my Christmas last year!" I pleaded as I hoped Slenderman wouldn't pop out of nowhere like he always does. What a creep.

The creepypastas always seemed to have encounters with us. For some reason, Jeff always went to me.

"Okay, so your telling me you had another meetup with Jeff?" Emily said baffled on whether the answer was right or not.

"Maybe...." I said with a cheeky smile.

"I knew it! Remember the time I saw Ticci Tobi? That was awesome!" Emily replied and kept going on about her so called "bae." "I swear all we need is for Rayshelle to intervene, like bitch, she has Eyeless Jack."

At that moment, I felt a presence. In the past, I would wonder if he'd ever leave me alone, but now it was different. I realized that I didn't like ever being away from him. There he was. Tall and slim, smelled of flower bushes glazed in thin layers of rain. "Is that Jeff???!!" Emily said backing away from the canal, grabbing my arm. My eyes widened. Why did I have to be taken away from Jeff? I didn't understand why Emily was dragging me away from him, the one I loved. Emily started to run, pulling me with her. The world was just not understandable. Especially in a world where creepypastas are real.