Author's Note

Why Am I Writing This?

As some of you may know, my day job is an English teacher. That being said, I spend a lot of time in schools, and I get to know a lot of my students. I understand that not all of them succeed with traditional lectures and what not, so I always try to reach them where they are.

But what if a student slips through the cracks?

This is a story inspired by my own experiences in high school theater, but from the perspective of a 10th grade girl who has been slipping through the cracks due to her shyness and quiet demeanor in class. (Where are my fellow theater kids at??)

I'm SO thankful and honored that this novel won a Watty Award, because (1) it's my first time writing YA contemporary and (2) it's about topics that are near and dear to my heart. I hope you enjoy my first exploration into the contemporary YA genre!

Please don't forget to vote and comment to let me know what you think and to add this book to your reading list if you enjoy it!

<3 Sarah

Boring Stuff

© 2017 Sarah Perlmutter. All rights reserved.

This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author except for the use of brief quotations in a book review or scholarly journal.

For more from this author, visit http://www.sarahperlmutter.com