Chapter 3

Last Chapter...

"ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed of going to music school. It's what I've always wanted to do. And I still do. So applied for a prestigious music school and... I got in."

Austin stood up with a huge smile on his face.

"Ally that's incredible! I'm so happy for you..." He noticed Ally's look on her face. She was smiling. But he knew her better than anyone.

She was faking it.

Something was bothering her. He sat back down next to her and Ally shifted her eyes back to the floor.

"Ally, this is an amazing opportunity for you. And you're not just my girlfriend, you're my best friend." He said, repeating what she had said to him earlier on. "I'm happy for you, why would this break my heart?"

Ally raised her head just enough so she was looking into Austin's eyes, to the point where he could notice her starting to tear up.

"The school is in Italy."

Austin couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Austin?" Ally whispered.

Nothing. He just stared out into space.

"Austin please say something."

He didn't say anything. He just sat there.

"See Austin, this is why I didn't want to tell you." She told him, sadly.

He finally turned his head and looked at her. "Ally, this is amazing. I'm so proud of you."

She looked up at him. "Y-you are?"

"Of course."

"Y-you're not, mad?" Ally asked in a worried voice.

"Why would I be mad?" Austin asked her. "I just, I have one question.""

Ally nodded.

"If you were worried that I would be upset about you moving to Italy.....then, why did you even apply?"

Ally sighed. "Because, I've dreamed of going to the Roman Music Academy (a/n: I just made up the name...deal with it) ever since I was a little girl. It's been my dream. And, it's one of the best music schools in the world. I just though it was worth a shot, I guess. I never thought I'd actually get in."

Austin took her hand in his. "Of course you got in. Ally, you're the most talented girl I know!"

Ally blushed. "Thank you Austin. That means a lot." Then her smile faded. "But, honestly... I don't know if I should go." Austin looked at her in disbelief.

"What?"

"Look Austin, I know this is a great opportunity." She told him. "But, I could always get accepted somewhere else."

Austin shook his head. "Ally, RMA is your dream school."

Ally sighed. "I know that. But what I don't know is if I can handle being away for so long. I'd be away for 4 years. I'd miss my dad. The music factory. Trish, Dez," Austin brought his arm around around her as she leaned her head on Austin's shoulder.

"I'd miss you."

He wrapped his arms around her small body, pulling her closer to him. She snaked her arms around Austin's neck as she felt a tear begin to roll down her cheek.

"Ally," he said quietly, still hugging her tight. "I don't want to be the reason you don't follow your dream."

Ally pulled away and looked him in the eyes.

"Austin..." she started.

"Ally, you said yourself that this is a great opportunity for you."

"I'm only in high school. I could always go there later on."

"But Ally," Austin explained. "if you turn them down, you may not get accepted again."

"Okay, so? There are other schools."

Austin shook his head. "Are you really gonna give up going to Italy for some guy?"

"Austin, you're not just 'some guy'!" She told him, almost in a yell.

"This is a once in a lifetime opportunity."

"Yes but so was finding you!"

It went silent for a moment.

Austin wanted to smile. He wanted to kiss her and tell her he loves her. But he couldn't smile when he saw how worried Ally was. She was about to cry, they both knew that. She looked down at her lap, taking a deep breath before speaking again.

"Austin, I don't want to lose you again." She whispered. "I can't lose you again."

Austin then put his arms around Ally, pulling her against his chest. He placed one hand on her back while the other one was on the back of her head, stroking her hair. She began to cry

"You are never gonna lose me. Okay?"

They pulled apart so they were looking at each other. Austin placed his hand on Ally's cheek and wiped a tear away.

"You love me, right?" Austin asked.

Ally nodded. "Of course I do."

"Good. Because I love you too." Austin smiled "Ally, distance isn't gonna break us apart."

Ally tried to smile as Austin pulled her back in for a hug.

Suddenly, they were interrupted by a knock at the door and Trish stuck her head in.

"I hate to interrupt the moment, but Ally's our ride and my mom wants me home before dinner."

Ally nodded. "I'll be down in a minute."

Trish closed the door as Austin pulled Ally in a for one last hug.

"I'll call you in the morning, okay?" Ally smiled and nodded. Austin leaned in and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you."

"Love you too"

• • •

After Ally brought Trish and Dez back home, she arrived back at her house. She had a rough day and all she wanted to do was go to bed. She put her pajamas on and hopped under the blankets. As she laid down, she heard her phone vibrate on her dresser. She reached over and smiled when she read the name on the screen.

Austin: Goodnight Ally. Sleep well. Xoxo
Sun. 9:28 pm

She smiled. At least if she did move, she would still get the sweet texts from him. She smiled as she hit the reply button.

Ally: Thanks Austin. You too :* xoxo
Sun. 9:29 pm

She set her phone back down her dresser and fell asleep.