Chapter 9

Promise (Part 9):

Ally told Austin that she just wanted to head home. He knew that he couldn't help with her situation. But he still wanted to try. He insisted that Ally stayed for a while.

They ended up having a movie day. They usually do Movie Monday. But in this case, they were doing it on Thursday.

They were curled up together on the couch, sitting in the same position they always do. Austin sat on the end, while Ally laid her head in Austin's lap. He played with her hair as she giggled at the movie.

When the movie was over, Ally sat up, separating herself from Austin.

"Aww, babe where'd you go?" He asked in his best baby voice.

Ally giggled as she rolled her eyes at her boyfriend, who was reaching out to her with his hands, just like a toddler would do to their mother.

"Relax, you big baby." She said. "I need to get home. It's getting late."

Austin stood up so he came face to face with her. Well, almost face to face. He looked down into her brown eyes.

"C'mon, don't go." He said. "We can do something else if you want. We can go bowling. Or mini golfing. Ooh! There's carnival going on down the street! I can win you another stuffed elephant if you want." He said, smirking at her. But, unfortunately, it didn't work.

"No thanks." She said.

He shrugged. "Okay, it doesn't have to be a elephant. It could be a monkey, or a tiger..."

"No, I just don't want to go."

"Why not?"

Ally glared at him. "Austin, I can't keep avoiding this. I need to think."

"No you don't." He told her. "You need to relax for a change."

"I can't."

"Yes you can."

"Austin, I already told you. You can stop trying to make me feel better."

"And you'd thought I'd stop trying?!" He asked her. "Ally, I don't like seeing you like this. You're all worried and depressed. This isn't the Ally I fell in love with."

Ally looked up at Austin.

"I fell in love with the girl with the dorky dance moves." He told her.

She rolled her eyes.

"The girl with the terrible jokes. The girl who loves school. The girl who sat at the piano for 57 hours straight when she was trying to finish her album. The girl who's smile lights up any room she walks into."

Austin stepped forward and took her hands in his.

"The girl who makes my heart melt every time I'm with her."

Ally tried not to blush.

"This isn't you. I want giggly Ally back." Austin leaned in once again, connecting their forehead. "I want my Ally back."

Ally stood on her toes, connecting their lips together for just a second. When she pulled away, she slipped her hands away from Austin's and wrapped them around his waist. Austin brought his around her shoulders, holding her close to him.

"I know you think it's your responsibility to take care of me," she told him, in her soft voice. "but it's not. I love you for everything you do. But I just wish you'd understand that this is happening. And we can't change that."

She pulled away, looking up into his eyes.

"You okay?"

He shrugged. "Are you okay?" He asked her. Ally looked down at her feet.