Chapter 4

"Ally! Let's go, we're gonna be late!"

"Coming Dad!"

Ally looked back at her room before walking downstairs. The wall that held dozens of pictures, was now blank. The closet that held all of her clothes, was now empty. Her room looked like it did when they moved in ten years ago.

All that was in there was a mattress, and two dressers. Everything else was in a suitcase.

She couldn't believe she was leaving.

When she finally made it downstairs, she saw her dad, sitting with Austin, Trish and Dez in the kitchen. "Hey guys!" Ally ran in a gave them all a hug, ending with Austin and keeping an arm around him once they let go.

"You ready?" Her dad asked.

Ally looked up at Austin, who was giving her a reassuring look. She sighed.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

In the car, Dez sat in the front with Mr. Dawson, while Ally sat between Austin and Trish in the back.

"We should get there around 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. Once we get there, I'll help you unpack. I'm on the first flight back to America the next morning so after that you're on your own..." Her dad rambled on, but Ally wasn't paying attention. She just leaned her head on Austin's shoulder and stared out the window for the whole car ride, not saying a word.

When they got to the airport, Austin, Trish and Dez helped unload her luggage. Mr. Dawson checked his watch, then looked up at the group of friends.

"We still have some time to spare. I'll leave you guys alone. Meet me inside in 20 minutes Ally."

She nodded as her dad walked into the airport. Ally turned back to her friends and pulled them in for a group hug. They stayed that way for while.

"I love you guys." Ally said, holding back tears.

"We love you." They all replied. When they finally released, Dez pulled Ally in for a hug.

"I'm gonna miss you so much Ally." Ally hugged back.

"I'm gonna miss you too." As they pulled apart, Ally planted a light kiss on Dez's cheek. "Thanks for everything." Dez smiled and nodded before stepping away.

Then she went straight to Trish, pulling her in for a hug.

"Don't make a new best friend while I'm gone, okay?" Ally said to her.

"Don't be ridiculous," Trish told her. "Who else would put up with me?" Ally giggled at her friend, as they pulled apart.

"That's the Trish I'm gonna miss so much." They pulled each other in for another hug.

"Love you"

"Love you too".

They pulled apart and Trish left, leaving Austin and Ally alone. They didn't say anything. They just pulled each other in for a hug.

"Don't flirt with any Italian guys while you're there, okay?" Austin told her. Ally giggled.

"Can't make any promises." She said shaking her head, smirking. Austin laughed as they pulled apart.

Ally took a deep breath. "I'm gonna miss you more than anything." Ally said, almost in tears.

"I know." Austin winked. Ally playfully slapped her boyfriend before pulling him in for another hug.

Just then, her phone buzzed. She pulled it out and read the message.

"I gotta go." She told him. Austin just nodded. "Bye Austin."