Royalties

In 1897 Mr. Westinghouse was nearly bankrupt because J.P. Morgan manipulated the stock market and told investors that Westinghouse company was unstable. All this because Mr. Morgan understood that Nikola's alternating current was indeed superior to Mr. Edison's direct current and he tried to bribe Mr. Westinghouse to do business with him.

Mr. Westinghouse refused. Therefore Mr. Morgan retaliated.

My love for Nikola grew and grew. He was the most generous, humble person, humanitarian the world had ever known and I will tell you why.

Mr. Westinghouse explained the precarious situation they were in.

Mr. Westinghouse owed Nikola over $1,000,000 in royalties. Which continued to increase daily.

Nikola related to me what transpired with Mr. Westinghouse.

He said, "I told Mr. Westinghouse... you have been a friend to me, you believed in me when others had no faith; you were brave enough to go ahead when others lacked courage; you supported me when even your own engineers lacked vision. Here is your contract, and here is my contact. I will tear them both to pieces, and you will no longer have any troubles from my royalties."

With that Nikola tore up the paper.

Mr. Westinghouse's company was saved.

My Nikola, selfless, superlative man.

We could have become billionaires but no, his love for humanity outweighed any desire for monetary gain.