Chapter 9 - Pretty Girl

The Boys next Door

Chapter 9 - Pretty Girl ;)

Tuesday 6th September 2011

8.55am

*Stephanie*

Sugar Puffs! Why Sugar Puffs you ask? Well I made a promise with myself to not swear, even too myself, and I don't really like sugar puffs all that much. So yeah, you get my drift.

Anyway, back to the situation at hand, what was I supposed to do? I couldn't make my mind up so I ended up standing in the middle of the hallway frozen.

Turns out, I didn't have to choose anyway because they both came to me.

"Steph!" They both said at the same time, and looked at each other, scowling.

"What are you doing here?" sneered Madison to Cole, who just looked bored.

"I needed to talk to Stephenie," he said lazily.

"She doesn't want to talk to you," she said haughtily whilst pulling my arm to walk with her.

"You can't tell her what to do!" Cole's eyes flashed with anger.

"Guys! I'm right here you know. Here's an idea. Why don't you just ask me?" I said sarcastically whilst stepping between them before something happened that either one would regret.

"Great idea! Steph, so do you want to talk to this idiot, or not?" asked Madison, falsely polite.

Oh Sugar Puffs! I should have probably thought of a reply before suggesting they ask me.

I really wanted to know why Cole had come all the way here. But at the same time, it would imply that I was betraying Madison.

In the end, my curiosity got the better of me. Madison was so gonna give me crap about this later. By the way crap didn't count as a swear word.

"Umm Madison, do you mind if I just talk to Cole for a bit? It won't take long. I'm sure it's important as he's come all the way here." I said looking guilty.

"I see" she said curtly. "I guess I'll see you later then." Then she stalked away.

I looked at Cole who had a triumphant expression on his face.

"Wipe that smirk or your face! She hate's me now!" I frowned at him.

"It proves you love me more!"

"It proves nothing! I was curious as to what made you come all the way here."

"You know curiosity killed the cat right?"

"Oh shut up." I said pulling him so that we were no longer standing in the middle of the hall. Girls walked past gawking at Cole who was casually leaning against one of the lockers looking, like always, like a Abercrombie and Fitch model.

He just smiled at the girls. "Stop doing that!" I said slapping his arm lightly.

"Stop doing what?" he asked innocently.

"Stop making these poor girls fall instantly in love with you by smiling!"

He turned his smile to me. God he was so handsome!

"Falling in love with me yet?" he asked with a chuckle.

"I'm immune." I shot back.

"Oh really?"he had a grin on his face.

"Really."

"I don't believe you..."

"Oh shhsh it Cole, what are you doing here anyway?" I folded my arms waiting. If he didn't tell me soon I was going to be late for class.