Chapter 12

The Boys Next Door

ENJOY

VOTE

COMMENT!!!

Chapter 12

Saturday 10th September 2011

9.15am

*Stephenie*

I woke up and my head felt heavy and my eyes all groggy, like when you don’t take all your make up off the night before and you end up with panda eyes, and your eyelashes all stick together because of the mascara. I could see faint light between the slits in my eyes as I squinted. I tried to lift my legs up but I couldn’t. Something heavy was on top of them. Or should I say someone.

I ended up rubbing my eyes, which was a bad idea as now I would definitely have panda eyes and I would probably have bits of old mascara floating around in my eyeballs. Great.  But I could see now, so I guess that’s all that really mattered.

Jeremy was practically laying over my legs at the bottom of the bed. No wonder why I couldn’t move them. He was snoring slightly and I could feel his breath tickling my bare leg.

I shook my head... he was nuts.

I felt something ticklish on my neck as well so I turned slowly to find Cole’s face infront of mine. He was also sound asleep like his brother. It must have been his breathing. I took in every inch of his handsome face; from the high cheekbones to the strong jaw and that tiny scar at the top of his forehead where he fell over a few years back and a stick stabbed him in the head. I laughed quietly at the memory, we were playing cops and robbers, he was the cop and he had a stick pretending it was one of those batons. And it was that stick that made that scar.

Ha that sounded a bit like Harry Potter. Except all we needed to do was change Stick to Wand.

My gaze drifted downwards towards his lips. Those lips that kissed me only a few days ago. I wanted to feel them against mine again. Velvety soft and just amazing. Maybe I could just give him a quick peck? He wouldn’t know. But then again Cole was a light sleeper. Unlike most boys I knew who could sleep through a hurricane.

Maybe it’s best if I didn’t, but then I couldn’t help but remember the song he had sang to me last night. It was the most beautiful song I had ever heard and it felt as if he was actually singing the song to me, about me. The emotion he put into it, was brilliant.

Jeremy jerked slightly in his sleep and before I could do anything he rolled of the end of the bed. “Ooomph!”

“Ouchh!”

I widened my eyes slightly, trying to contain the laughter that was threatening to escape me.

“What-what was that noise?” stuttered Cole who had abruptly sat up and was also rubbing his eyes. He looked so cute just then, his blonde mop of hair all messy and his face showing signs of having just woken up. When he saw Jeremy slowly picking himself up from the floor his mouth lifted up into a ghost of a smile.

Myself, I was surprised Jeremy didn’t sleep through the falling off the bed.

“Why are you on the floor?” Cole asked looking sleepily amused. Jeremy stretched and yawned.

“Isn’t itobviouss. I justfell off thebed.” He slurred. Wow, how much did he have to drink last night.

Cole suddenly looked at me and then at our proximity on the bed, his eyes widening. Then I just kind of realised what this looked like. Well nothing happened. I mean I still had my clothes on. It’s all good! And plus Jeremy was lying on my feet.