Chapter 10

Chapter 10 

*Stephanie*

"Yes!" I yelled jumping up and down in my ugly bowling shoes. "I'm winning! You're getting your ass whipped by a girl!" I taunted Cole. I had already won one game and we were about halfway through the second game.

"I'm letting you off easy. If we didn't have these side things up you would have got a gutter ball every time you bowl."

"Somebody's jealous...." I sang taking a sip of my slushie. We had only been here 45 minutes and I already had my triple chocolate ice cream, a coca cola and this slushie. I mean it was only 10.00 in the morning.

"I'm not! I could beat you anytime." He said  arrogantly.

"Prove it Sparky." I said.

"Sparky?" he said with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah, you remind me of a dog we had when I was little."

"Great. So I remind you of a pet dog called Sparky. Good to know." He said sarcastically choosing a green ball. Damn they were the heavy ones.

"Hey! Sparky, was a good dog!" I  yelled so he could hear.

He turned around. "But I'm  bad." He said and winked before turning back and getting ready to bowl. Wow, he looked great.

He wasn't kidding, he put minimal amount of strength into it and...got a strike.

"Told you I could beat you." He said and came and sat down.

"Ehh, you haven't beaten me yet Sparky...that was luck."

He groaned. "I don't like that name. If anyone's Sparky, it's you, with all that sugar in your system!"

"How about Pork Chop? Or Pooh Bear?" I said giggling.

"I think you're a little bit hyper pretty girl." He said waving his hand infront of my face.

"Who's a porky chop??? Who's a porky chopchop?"

"Alright, I think we need to get you some fresh air." He said laughing.

"Noo. I want to finish the game and beat you." I said stubbornly.

"Okay...but I'm going to get you a bottle of water anyway." He said standing up and walking to the vending machine behind us.

I flounced over to the machine that spouted out balls and chose a pink ball, the lightest. Then I walked over to the lane and threw it. Quite literally. It went clunk on the shiny floor, bounced off the side railings and knocked straight into the centre pin, knocking a few others out with it leaving two pins on either side.

Maybe he was right, if I didn't have those side railings I would so have lost by now.

I bowled for a second time but missed both pins.

Cole came back and handed me a bottle of cool water. "Thanks Sparky!" I said. He gave me a withering look. I loved teasing him. It was so funny.

"Seriously? Drink that already, I can't deal with much more of that." He picked up another ball and...got another strike! What the hell?

"That's two flukes."

"Nah...I think I was just letting you get off with a win last time. This time, I'm bringing it home!" he said smirking.

"You're mean." I said pouting. His face fell slightly.

"Ohh I-m sor-" he started.

"Ha! What happened to the bad boy?" I asked laughing.