Chapter 15

The Boys Next Door

Chapter 15

Stephenie’s POV

Sunday 11th September 2011

7.30pm

“Cole? What are you doing here?” I gaped at him.

“Oh well, hello to you too Steph. Considering everyone was out this evening having fun, I decided to make some plans too. Oh this is Holly by the way,” he gestured to the blonde girl clinging onto his arm.

I smiled at her briefly before turning back to Cole. “And why did you just randomly decide to come here?”

Cole ignored my question and looked past me at Jack still sitting on the bench. He was looking much better now, the colour returning to his somewhat pale face. “You going to introduce me to your friend? Is he alright, he looks kind of sick.”

“Umm, well no. I wasn’t intending to considering he doesn’t really need to know-” I started but was cut off by Jack who had appeared by my side.

“Names Jack,” he held out his hand for Cole to shake, but Cole, just stared at it blankly. Jack quickly withdrew his hand and rested it around my shoulders.  I saw Cole’s eyes narrow slightly before the smirk was back on his face.

“Jack, this is Cole,” I said breaking the awkward silence. After what Jack had said earlier about Cole it was clear that he didn’t like the sound of him and I didn’t want a fight to break out or anything.

“I’ve seen you around the campus man. Are you like some smart ass or something?” Cole asked.

“COLE!” I hissed.

“What!?” he said, his free hand slipping around the girls waist. I tried not to look at it, but it was if my eyes were stuck on his hand. Stupid jealousy, why? I mean I had the arm of a very delicious, charming boy around me. Get a grip Stephenie!

“It’s okay Stephenie,” murmured Jack, “Yeah I’m pretty smart I gue-”

“Oh my GOD. WE should all do like a double date, yeah? This is going to be so much fun!” squealed Holly interrupting Jack.

Damn that bitch to hell.

“Hey, yeah that sounds like a great idea!” Cole continued, an amused glint in his eyes.

“No-” I started once again before being cut off, once again.

“Hey it’ll be fine, plus it might get him to shut up for a while,” Jack whispered with a wink.

“Fine,” I groaned.

“Righty then, who’s up for a burger?” Cole declared.

Sunday 11th September 2011

8.00pm

“BOO yeah!” Cole yelled as he threw the ball into the hoop right at the end. “Who’s amazing at this? ME!” He pointed at himself. I wasn’t actually sure if he was high or something because he seemed to be acting really weird.

“I’ll have the giant squirrel- NO not THAT one. The one in the corner, with the bandanna!” he said to the guy manning the stall. The guy sighed and walked off to grab the stuffed toy, obviously he was used to idiots like Cole.

Cole took the stuffed toy and held it out to me grinning. “A gift for you.”

I glanced at Holly who didn’t really seem to care that her date was just about to give me a gift and not her.