Chapter 3

A few hours later, I woke up in a bed. I looked around the room and realized that I'm at one of Aaron's old friend's house.

Aaron is sitting in a chair in the corner of the room watching tv. He notices that I'm awake and turns his attention on me. He gets up from his seat and walks over to me. I slowly start to move back from him. I don't know what this man can do to me and I'm not gonna let him.

"Ava, I'm not going to hurt you sweetie." Aaron says.

"Don't touch me." I tell him. He holds his hands up in defense and slowly sits on the bed that I'm on.

"Listen. I don't know what you saw at the gas station but I didn't kidnap you."

"How do I know that you're not lying to me?" His facial expression changes and he looks down, avoiding eye my gaze. I'm trying best to stay calm and not blow up. But this is really testing my patients right now.

"I don't understand why you just won't tell me the truth. All you have to say is, 'Yes I kidnap you or no I didn't kidnap you.' Its that simple." I say irritated.

"Ava, I didn't kidnap you. You're my daughter and I'm your father." Aaron says. I don't believe one word that came out of his mouth. I just nod and laid back down.

He tried to touch me again but I pushed his hand out of the way. He gives me a sad look and I turn my head the other way. I'm done with the bullshit and games.

"I'm going downstairs to leave you alone for a while. Yell if you need anything." he tells me walking out of the room.

As soon as he left I grabbed my phone out of my bag and quickly called Yamile. I needed to tell her what was going on because I'm tired of just holding this to myself right now. She answered on the second ring.

"Ava!" she squeals through the phone.

"Hey baby doll." I giggle.

"What are you doing?"

"Laying down. I have to tell you something really, really important. Just don't say anything to anyone until I get this shit figured out." I inform her.

"Ok. What's wrong?" she asks.

After explaining the whole thing to her she was in so much shock.

"What are you going to do?" Yamile asks.

"I'm going to find out what's really going on because it makes no sense that I have yet, to see my mom's grave. I'm sixteen now and I should've been seen it. If I get to see my mom's grave then I know everything that he told me is true. If I don't see it then I know something is up." I explain. "Now that I realize we don't have many relatives. I barely even know half of some of the family members I've seen."

"Well let me know what happens and I'll have your back on anything that you need." she tells me and I smile a little to myself.

After I got off the phone with Yamile I began watching tv. The mood that I'm in right now is bitchy and annoyed. I just need to know if I've been faking a life of someone else and not me. I don't understand why Aaron would kidnap me. It doesn't make any sense at all. For all I care, he could've just told me that he actually adopted me, and I would've been totally fine with it. But I can tell he's hiding something from me.

Later on that night, I already took a shower so I wouldn't have to take one in the morning. I went downstairs to eat dinner. Aaron's friend, Adriana always let us stay over her house in New Mexico if we're traveling through here. She's pretty cool and doesn't talk much. For dinner, she cooked chicken enchilada with Mexican rice. I really enjoy it. Mexican food is the best.