Chapter 12: Secrets Reviled

Cutie Jace! :)

Jace's POV:

"I know your the Alpha of this pack and Jace is your mate and Avery here is mine." He says winking at him, wait mate? How does he know that?

"And how do you know all of this?" Lander asks him with a glare.

"Because I am also a werewolf." He says simply. A werewolf. James is a werewolf.

"That can't be! You would have told me!" I yell at him standing up quickly as my seat slams to the ground behind me.

"But I am Jace." I shake my head, after I told him my huge secret he couldn't even tell me his.

"After everything I told you about my past you couldn't tell me something as simple as this. When you knew I had a fucking mate!" I yell at him, sadness enters his eyes as he reaches out for me.

"Don't touch me." I say calmly pulling back and storming out of the room. How could he! How! After everything I told him, he couldn't tell me that. Something so small in comparison, I make my way outside and flop down in the grass in the back yard. It doesn't take long for Lander to take the spot next to me.

"Want to talk about it?" He asks softly, I turn to him with tears in my eyes I try to blink them back but one rolls down my face. Lander leans forward brushing it off giving me a sad smile.

"Why didn't he tell me after I told him all about my dad and being raped you would think he would tell me something like that. He also knew you were my mate so it should have been easier to tell me. I just don't get it, was I not worthy of knowing? Or maybe he didn't trust me enough to tell me?" I ask tears flowing freely now.

"Of course not baby, maybe he just didn't know how to say it or when." He says pulling me into his lap and tucking my head under his chin. Yeah maybe.

Lander's POV:

I stand there dumbfounded, I can honestly say I have not seen him that mad before.

"Well that went well." Lilan says with a chuckle, I shot him a glare. Once I get out of my shell-shocked state I realize I should probably go after him.

"James we will talk about this later right now my mate needs me." I set out in search of my mate only to find him in the back yard. I walk over and find him with his knees pulled to his chest and his head down. I take the spot next to him looking over towards him.

"Want to talk about it?" I ask softly bumping his shoulder lightly with my own. He looks up at me blinking back tears until one escapes, I bring my thumb up brushing it away.

"Why didn't he tell me after I told him all about my dad and being raped you would think he would tell me something like that. He also knew you were my mate so it should have been easier to tell me. I just don't get it, was I not worthy of knowing? Or maybe he didn't trust me enough to tell me?" He says with tears rolling freely down his face.

"Of course not baby, maybe he just didn't know how to say it or when." I say trying to convince him but when in all honesty I don't know why he didn't tell him.

"Yeah maybe your right." He cuddles in close to my side shutting his eyes, it's not long until his breathing evens out and you can hear light snores. I smile taking in his angelic features kissing his forehead wondering how I got so lucky. I really couldn't have asked for a better mate.

I pick him up carefully carrying him into the house and up to my suite for the night. Once I get to our room I strip him from his clothes putting him under the blankets before doing the same.