Chapter 16: Home sweet home

Candle lite date

Jace's POV:

When I wake up to warmth surrounding me I start to freak out thinking I'm back with my father. But then everything that happened comes flooding back bring tears of joy and sadness to my eyes.  I'm happy my father is dead but sad at the same time, he was the last of my family. I soon find myself falling back under as my mind drifts to Lander, my father being killed, and the pack saving my life. My eyes flutter open a while later and I come face to face with Lander.

He's sleeping peacefully, with a small wrinkle in his brow I let my eyes drift over his face. My heart skips a beat the longer I stare at him, my eyes travel back up his face to his eyes to find him staring at me. I blush lightly at being caught staring at him but how could you not he's like a Greek god.

"I'm glad to see that your finally up babe." He whispers in a husky voice that is still thick with sleep. I smile up at him and give him a quick peck on the lips.

"How long was I out for?" I ask with a groan as I stretch out my stiff limbs.

"It's been almost 2 weeks." He says with sadness dancing in his eyes. I lay there eyes widen before my head snaps towards him. 2 weeks 2 whole weeks...

"You have got to be joking, right?" It couldn't have been that long, right? Then he starts busting up laughing making me glare up at him. What a jerk! I believed him! Rude!

"It's only been a few hours, I just wanted to see your reaction is all. And I've got to say it was priceless." He says with that sexy smirk on his face. When he makes that face I find it very hard to stay mad at him. I huff and roll my eyes at him earning yet around laugh.

I smile to myself as I close my eyes again letting sleep take me over once more. This time I have no nightmares I have wonderful dreams about our beautiful twins running and playing in the yard with the rest of the pack and Lander watching them with such joy and love.

**********

The next time my eyes open it is dark out and I'm back in our bed not the hard really uncomfortable hospital bed. Lander is no where to be found freaking out, I climb out of bed and go looking for him. I wander around the apartment until I find him in the office, hunched over some paperwork.

I stand in the doorway watching him from afar for a little while longer before making my way over to his desk. He must have heard me come in since he looks up from his paperwork and gives me a smile.

"Hey babe, did you sleep well?" He asks while pulling me into his lap. I close my eyes leaning against him giving a small nod. Then my stomach lets it be known that it's hungry as it let's out a loud growl ruining the moment. Lander looks down at me letting out a soft chuckle as he looks at me with a smile.

"I actually have something planned for us so why don't you go get ready and then we can go." I nod quickly jumping off his lap, running to get ready. I wonder what it is! A nice dinner by the water or maybe in a fancy restaurant who knows but I cant wait.

Lander's POV:

I link Alex to make sure he has everything set up for Jace and I tonight as I finish up the last little bit of paperwork I have left. Its good to have Jace back home safe and sound, I'm glad his father is out of the picture for good too and we don't have to worry about him being found anymore.

That man was vile and disgusting, I now understand why Jace is the way he is in someways. I don't know how you could do something like that to your own child. Despicable, is what he is. I finish up my work then wonder off to go get ready for tonight's big dinner. I walk into the room to find Jace standing butt naked in the middle of the floor looking at a few different outfits on the bed. His hair still wet from the shower and his body glowing, just looking at him makes my mouth water.