7. Old Ways

I felt like I couldn't breath, but at the same time I felt like I could throw up. Why did I agree to this?

Because secretly I still love him...

I wonder if he'll recognize me or what he'll do when he realizes it's me. We'd been driving for the past fifteen minutes before the car rolls up in front of a house and is thrown into park. Everyone, but me begins to climb out. Carter dips his head, "I'm here for you okay?"

I nodded slowly and let out another breath before getting out of the car. I looked up and saw a man standing behind the gate keeping out the German fangirls. We had to squeeze past them to get in, Carter had a hand in the middle of my back guiding me up the pathway up to the door. 

In this lighting I couldn't help but look at Priscilla and she couldn't be more than fifteen years of age. I felt a lump in my throat. She looks like I did back then. I look at my dress and compare it to hers, I feel like I dressed for church. I gulp.

"I feel like this was a mistake," I grabbed Carters arm in a panic, he looked down at me shaking my head.

"The only mistake there is, was him letting you go the way he did, this night is the night you get closer to start fresh."

"I just-"

"Breath," Carter said as he dragged me along with him as we headed in behind the man that accompanied Pricilla here. 

I did as he said and continued to breath as we made our way into the house, he guided me over to the area where there sat three couches and a piano. The two of us settled on the one closest to the door. 

"Carter! Just in time! Damn man nice lady you got tonight!" An obnoxious man spoke up as he came up to us with a beer in his hand.

"Easy man, this is my cousin. Gracie this is Red, Red this is Gracie. She is off limits."

Red huffed and went to go bother Priscilla. I looked at Carter gratefully and he nodded. I couldn't relax however. He wasn't here, yet I was on edge.

"Elvis you coming down man?!" A familiar voice yelled.

"Yeah, on my way down now," I froze and stared down as I heard footsteps pounding down the steps, "Hey guys!"

"Hey E, some pretty girls tonight," Red murmured to him, but we all heard him. I rolled my eyes. I glanced around the room and saw a few girls in shorter dresses than Priscilla. My eyes bugged, did they shop in the kiddy section? And the make up Carter wasn't kidding when he said they looked like they were from outer space.

I looked at him and snorted softly, he looked at the other girls and gave me a look that said 'told ya so'.

"At least there are some options tonight," Elvis whispered back, but being closest to the door I heard it, I wanted to leave right then and there. Elvis came into the room and immediately sat at the piano and his fingers seemed to dance over the keys.

"Any requests?" he asked as he strummed the piano with random melodies.

"It is almost Christmas E, why not one of those songs?"

He grins before thinking, "Alight, don't get chummie on me though."

He started playing and singing. 

"I'll have a blue Christmas without yoouuu"

We all were quiet for his time to sing when he finished we all clapped, I was also clapping surprisingly, I tried to avoid his music any time I could, but it wasn't because I thought he was bad, it was just because hearing his voice brought me to tears. Right now I was too terrified to cry. He spun around and looked around grinning. His eyes locked with mine and he gave a curious look, a look that said I know you from somewhere.