15. Recovery

I awoke with a start, the machine beside me was making noises and the room smelt of ungodly cleansing. I tried to move before remembering I just had a surgery and should not do so. I found myself staring at the stretched out figure that was sound asleep next to my bed. It was in fact Elvis, and he was wearing his oh so dashing suit. I sighed with a smile to see his tired figure finally resting peacefully beside me.

A nurse opened the door and I motioned for her to be quiet by holding a finger to my lips, she saw Elvis and smiled nodding softly. She came in and checked everything she needed to, even changing my IV bag, she left as quietly as she came.

I rested my head back and just kept watching over him until his arm slipped off the arm of the chair and he jolted awake. His eyes scanned the room realizing where he was before they landed on me. Once he noticed I was awake he stood up quickly.

I chuckled, "Good morning handsome."

"When did you wake up? How are you feelin darling'," He asked as he gently grasped my hand, leanin' forward and placing a kiss on my head.

"Just a little while ago, I wanted you to rest too," I smiled up at him and he smile dhis dashin Elvis smile back, "And I'm just a little sore and tired."

"I'll let the doctor know your up, see when we can get you out of here."

I nodded as he left and yawned softly to myself. Not even a few minutes later did Elvis come back with the doctor.

"Miss. Matthews! It's nice to see you awake! The nurse checked up on you before your vitals and fluids seem great so you are free to check out in a couple hours to go home. When you get home you are to rest, no lifting anything at all for the next couple of weeks. I would like you to walk around every so often so that your muscles don't decompose of you."

Elvis listened completely and fully to what the doctor had said, and took what he said very seriously. Especially when we were home. He literally wouldn't let me lift a finger, even to read a magazine or book. He would read either one to me. And planning the wedding, he had a private wedding planner come to the house and sat down with me at the table as we went over thinks we would want. We agreed on a outdoor wedding, something that family and friends could attend. I made sure it wasn't an expensive wedding either, Elvis didn't like that, but I wasn't that kind of girl. It only took a couple batting of the eyelashes, and he was okay with it. He told me though that I couldn't fuss over the price over the wedding gown.

Since I wasn't even able to pick it out until a week before the wedding it was the last thing I had to worry about.

The two weeks of bed rest had quickly passed thought, but Elvis was by my side every minute of the way. He went on walks with me, Gladys made us dinner as a whole family, he was the best future husband ever.

We had everything planned, and then she came back....

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Long time no update! I wanted to gift you all on Christmas with another Chapter. I am sorry it's short, and I am sorry for my absence, but I do have the occasional writers block!

What is going to happen next?!