{4}

The Nordics were staring at the ceiling as rubble fell around them. The sounds of bombs were getting louder and fragments of the roof started falling in larger pieces. Denmark threw Sweden to the ground and laid on top of him, also dragging Finland to the floor.

Norway had quickly grabbed Iceland and was now covering his head.

Sweden's hands were clutching tightly to Denmark's jacket, his head pressing against Denmark's chest. Denmark's hand was on the back Sweden's head while his other arm was wrapped covering Finland's head.

Soon the sound of thundering boots filled the building. The bombs were still going off all around the building.

"Go!" Soldiers were shouting.

Finland looked over at the stairs. "We have to get out of here!"

Norway was already up, holding Iceland off of the ground. "Come on! Denmark!"

Denmark stood, grabbing Sweden and Finland off of the ground. Sweden hissed out in pain and fell right into Denmark. 

Finland, Norway, and Iceland were running out the door, but Finland turned around. "Denmark! Pick up Sweden! We have to go!"

Denmark quickly lifted up Sweden. Sweden wrapped his legs around Denmark's waist and his arms wrapped around. "Sverige, you have to tell me if anyone is behind us. Got that?" Denmark said, his hands linked around Sweden.

Sweden nodded gently. "Just go. The others already left!"

Denmark nodded and started running down the stairs, but soldiers were already there. "Denmark!" Sweden shouted.

The Dane turned, shock instantly filling him. Soldiers were running at them. Denmark almost basically threw Sweden, but Sweden landed on his feet. Sweden dropped instantly to the ground. Denmark took out his gun and started shooting the soldiers until most of them were dead. Denmark got to Sweden who was sitting there in complete pain. Denmark lifted the Swede into his arms again and ran out.

"Norway!" Denmark shouted.

No response.

Sweden even looked around. "Where are they?" Sweden asked, worry obviously in his voice. "Finland! Norway! Iceland!"

"Guys!" Denmark was close to screaming.

More bombs dropped around them, actually causing Sweden's grip around Denmark's neck to get tighter.

Denmark's arms got tighter around Sweden, trying to be more protective.

Sweden's forehead was resting on Denmark's shoulder. He wasn't moving now, but he was breathing steadily.

"You okay?" Denmark asked.

"I'm fine." Sweden muttered coldly.

Denmark rubbed Sweden's back. "We'll get spotted out in the open."

Sweden's head shot up and he was glaring at Denmark now. "So you're saying we abandon the others? How heartless are you?"

"I'm not heartless Sverige! I am doing what I have to!" Denmark said angrily.

The Swede's anger got more intense. "What are you doing then?! It doesn't seem like you're trying to help anything!"

"I'm trying to protect you! You are what's important to me right now!" Denmark shot back.

"W-what?" Sweden's eyes were wide.

Denmark looked exhausted, because he was, but he also looked frightened. "You are what's important to me right now Sverige. They are wherever they are. You are with me. I have to keep you safe. I will protect you until I die myself."