Chapter six

I was drowning...in water, with waves crashing overhead, and slamming into my body. The heavy current pulling me down. If for a moment I had thought someone would miss me, I'd fight. I'd work my muscles and swim up, but as oxygen evacuated from my lungs I knew no one cared. The howling of wolves sounded inside my head, their tone woeful and begging me to live.

But I couldn't. I couldn't pull myself from the darkness. I wanted to let go from this struggle of trying to be loved, and to be accepted by those who shared my blood.

A roar sounded all around me. Heat flooded my limbs, fear caused my heart to exhilarate. In rthe cloudy mist of my consciousness, I heard a male voice shout, "MINE!"

Eyes popping open I stared at the ceiling of my room. The familiar smell of sandal wood and berry from the candles that sat in my window met my nose.

I was alive? Still?

I went to sit up, only to feel a heavy weight restraining me. Turn my head, I met the sleeping face of my supposed fiancé. His large form took up most of the bed, I should have been shy at the sight of his nude upper body. But my mind was focused more on the reality that even my death couldn't go my way.

Turning my eyes back to the ceiling, I couldn't hold the tears back. My shoulders shook as I silently allowed the tears to fall and make tracks on my cheeks.

"Is the idea of marriage so bad to you?" A gruff voice with husky lilt asked.

How could he understand what I was going through? He wasn't the lower of the low, the worthless Omega, or the pathetic women.

I quickly whipped my tears away and pulled away from him by standing. The blanket slipped off my nude form. Why should I care if he saw me or not?  It wouldn't matter anyway.

Walking over to my closet I opened it, pulling out my clothes for school I spoke. "No, that doesn't bother me." I said quietly.

Grabbing a pair of jeans, and hoodie I pulled them on. My hair flapped up, and I frowned when I felt how dry it was. I could hear him shifting, "I know the expectation of the eldest daughter, who is seen as nothing more than a worthless tool." I couldn't be bothered to withhold the bitterness in my voice.

"Enough."

He grabbed my shoulders and forced me around, his angry eyes met my own dark one. "Do you think so little of yourself?" In his eyes I saw anger, and confusion.

Poor man seemed unable to grasp my status in the Bellamy family. So feeling pity for my future husband, I decided to be blunt. I pulled away from him, "Ewan, doesn't your pack have the Omega?"

He nodded, "But it's redundant in these modern days, and it no longer applies."

"Well, lucky him." I said with mild amusement, "Here in our tribe, or more-so in this family. The omega is dirt, and if it wasn't for the civilization being modern and all,  I'd probably been raised under the stairs."

Leaving him with that thought, I walked passed him and started gathering up my text-books. "So, I know you may think I'm just some idiot women being emotional, "I turned around and faced him, "But I'm just being honest about my status."

"If that is true, then why would your father give you to me?" Ewan asked, I should really tell him to put some clothes on.

"Probably because he's already promised my younger sister to another Alpha." Walking over to my back pack I put my books inside. "Ewan to be honest... I'm sure he only pulled you in to get at Warrick."

Standing with my bag I looked around my room, "Look, I'm already late for school so you can hang out until I'm back and then we can talk about...our-um-marriage."

He frowned, "Yere leavin'?"

"Yeah," I grabbed my cell phone, "My dad may have corrupted my future, but he can't ruin my school life." I threw the last part over my shoulder, only to freeze when I ran into my mother who stood with her arms crossed in front of my door.

"You've pulled out." She said her eyes cold. "You're grandmother stipulated that you would go as long as you were unmarried."

"What?" Anger rushed up, "You can't do that!" I protested angrily.

"Actually we can," She grabbed my cell from my hand, "we are your parents."

"No. You're just two horny people who fucked, and like a bitch you gave birth!"

My face jerked to the side from the slap.

"I won't tolerate an omega speaking to me so rudely." My mother's voice snapped coldly, "Since you're awake your father would like to see you."

A broad hand reached out, and took the phone from my mother's hand. While another laid on my shoulder, squeezing it lightly. Suddenly the tension that had been running through my body left.

A cold voice spoke, "I would appreciate that you no longer hit my wife-to-be." He pulled me behind him, "You will also reinstate her into school, and we will be down with-in the hour to speak with Alpha Bellamy."

"But—," My mother tried to protest, he cut her off.

"She is my bride, and she is my responsibility. As of now your responsibility is over." Pulling me back in the room, he shut the door in her face.

**

Ewan leaned against the door, letting the young women use him as a wall. He hadn't believed everything would be so complicated. She sniffled, against him burying her head into his neck.

He gritted his teeth against his body's reaction to her being so close. Instead he walked her over to the bed and taking off her backpack and clothes he laid her down and pulled her close to his body. Pulling the blanket over both of them.

She shivered once, before she pushed herself against him. Her forehead was pressed to his chest, she whispered. "Why did my life have to change?"

Ewan silently rubbed his hand on her back as she spoke. "Patient. All I had to do was be patient and wait it out. I didn't care if that they didn't loved me, or-or if they didn't celebrate my birthday. I just thought that if I waited. One day I could leave and have a family of my own."

"Shall I give you this family you wish for?"

She pulled away from him, and lifted herself. Her hair of wild curls and her sparkled. "We have just met, and you are offering me a family." She raised further up and sat Indian style, He followed her example leaning on his arm.

"We both have no choice in this marriage, instead of weighing ourselves down with misery we can make an agreement." Ewan had thought on this for the entire night he held her in his arms. He had no intention of relinquishing her, but getting her to go through with the marriage was key. "One that will benefit the both of us."

"Okay, what kind of deal are you thinking?" She asked, she bit her lip in her show of nervousness. "You need my father's backing, but depending on how long it takes you could need it for years."

Ewan prepared himself for the task of lying tot he lovely women in front of him.