Chapter Twenty-one

Author: Back like slap-jack...oh my GG!!! just read it guys, I'm so stoked for the next two, and last chapter...it's been fun people.

Laying on my bed, my eyes focused on my ceiling I couldn't still the sound of my slowly beating heart. I'd slept hard after crying, or more like messy sobbing. I had awoken to the sound of birds chirping in the distance, the sun was barely visible over the hills in the distance.

Despite the beauty of nature awakening outside of my room, the pain in my chest wouldn't abate. My body felt heavy with depression, and my eyes felt dry and crusty. "I love you." The whispered words left my lips so easily now. Ever since I'd first awoken I had laid here saying it over and over trying to figure out how I could say it to him.

Knuckles scratching against my door, caused me to grudgingly push myself up. I was surprised that my parents had allowed me to stay in my old room.

"Yes?"

I called, my voice cracked. Clearing it I called again, "Come in."

The door opened, and I met the red eyes of Heathers eyes. I could immediately smell the fear, and sadness on her. Throwing my legs over the side of the bed I stood alarmed. "What's wrong?!"

She stared at me, seeming surprised that I was actually in my room. "I-I'd hoped that he was here, w-with you."

I blinked at her, narrowing my eyes a feeling of weariness causing my skin to prickle, but I suppressed it. Slowly I spoke "Who should be here?"

She blinked, tears forming in her eyes, she raised a hand to cover her mouth. Haughtingly she said, "Ewan. He-He didn't come home last night, and you didn't so we assumed he'..." She paused swallowing, "Stayed here with you, but-."

Clenching my hands at my side, I refused to give in to the horror running threw my veins. Before Heather could finish the door was pushed wider by a flushed faced Roland. His eyes searched the room, his chest was heaving harshly.

Heather turned her attention to him, "He isn't here either."

Roland spat out a curse, before he could leave I stopped him. "Roland! What's going on?!"

He looked at me for minute, as if debating whether to tell me or not. "Roland!" I snapped, he wasn't going to hide anything involving my husband from me. He cursed once again, but I could he'd given in.

"Sorry my Lady," he said lowering his head, I could smell his remorse. "We can't locate the Laird, and-." He paused swallowing.

Clenching my jaw, I kept myself from yelling. Taking a deep breath, I spoke, "And?"

"The only thing we could find was his blood. He was severely wounded before he was dragged off my Lady."

Quiter words couldn't have been spoken, that would've cut me so deep. I lurched forward, nausea flooded my stomach. My vision narrowed, and I didn't realize that I was screaming. Until Heather jerked me close to her, my head was shaking.

What was this violent emotion running through me? Anger, Despair, and hazy feeling of rage. All of it was too much, so much that I could the wolf part of me fighting against my control to run free.

It took everything in me to shut my mouth, and simply breathe through my mouth. I pulled away from Heather ignoring her calling me back I ran out of the house. I could smell the fear of all the wolves, and anger.