Chapter eleven

Author: So here it is the last update till January 4th, 2016 lol which isn't all that far away. I have loads of family members coming in and I doubt that I will be able to update during that time...lol no, this isn't a Hiatus it's merely a vacation for a month that's all lol. I also hope you guys like, the character chart I put up, tell me if you like it or not.

So merry Christman and Happy New Years.

I wasn't sure who had spoken, but my eyes were focused only on Roriks face and my intent was to kill him.

"LATICIA! STOP!"

Someone was shouting at me to 'let him go,' while another person was pulling at my shoulders but I shook them off. I wasn't going let some insect insult the one who was to be married to me. Nor was I going to let him believe for one second that he could still order me around. Rage bared its fangs inside me, and I wasn't in the mood to shake it's hold on me.

"ARGO!"

As if coming from a long tunnel I felt my vision widen, and loosened my hold. Rorik fell to the ground at my feet gasping for air, his hands scrambling at his throat. As he writhed on the ground trying to catch breath through his broken wind pipes.

I blinked my eyes focusing on the dark bruising around his throat, in the back of my mind I acknowledged that I was the perpetrator of said discoloration, and that I might have crushed his wind-pipes all together.

Slowly turning around I faced Ewan, he stood next to my father they both shared a look of shocked astonishment at my aggressive behavior.

After a moment, my father knelt down by my mother, who'd already started her wailing, and worry over the possibility that I might have killed Rorik...sadly, it wasn't likely I had.

Looking back up at Ewan I frowned, "Why does my head hurt?" I asked absently...blankly.

After speaking said question I fell forward, unconscious.

**

BEFORE

Ewan walked into the house that his bruthers occupied only to stop, when he felt the silent tension emanating from over their figures.

"What has happened?" He demanded.

Roland and Arutur shared a meaningful, before Roland decided to speak first.

"Laird...we've received news that the McCaulden family managed to convince the Corp to buy our lands."

"What?!" Ewan exclaimed, disbelieving what he was hearing.

The others immediately clapped their fist over their hearts in a show of respect ,before dropping to their knees, and lowering their heads.

"The Lawyers said, that the old Laird owed them money still-."

"Dammit!" Ewan exclaimed, his nose flaring, clenching his hands into a fist he glared down at their heads. "Still the sins of my father weigh on my head." He spoke through gritted teeth, "My mother?"

Arutur lifted his head, his eyes still focused on the ground. "The McCaulden's have forced them to leave the land this day."

"Aarrrgh!"

Ewan turned grabbing the vase off the stand, and with rage threw it at the wall. The crashing sound resounded in the living room. Tomas whimpered lowering himself closer to the ground.

"DAMN THEM, AND DAMN MY FATHER!" His eyes seeming to glow in his fury.

Breathing deeply, he glared silently at the smashed pieces of green vase that littered the floor. Closing his eyes, he took in a deep breath opening his eyes the pale grey that had brightened in his anger dimmed.