Chapter Fourteen

Author: First Happy Birthday Miss Jane, this chapter is dedicated to you~~ so everyone be happy someone requested a gift lol so tired here folks.

Deciding that I needed to get away, I gave a call to Leigh who'd made it her mission to text me a hundred times a day.

Checking my wrist watch, I leaned against the wall outside of a small town café that Leigh insisted had the best little cakes.

"Argo!"

Hearing my name, I looked up from staring at the toes of my converses. Leigh rushed over to me, from across the street she was followed by someone I hadn't met yet.

She stopped in front of me her green eyes narrowed, "Why haven't you answered any of my calls? And what is this about a wedding?"

"Wedding?" A calm voice repeated, I turned my attention to said speaker. She was about my height at 5'10, her skin was a tad bit darker than my own. "You're getting married, aren't you like eighteen?"

Surprised that the person knew my name, I turned a questioning gaze towards Leigh. Who it finally dawned on; that she had yet to introduce us.

"Oh!" She shook her head as she motioned towards the young-women, "Sorry, Argo this is Jane our moms are really good friends. My mom saw I was going out, and since her mom had come over to chat she wanted me to bring Jane along." Leigh leaned forward and whispered, "Don't worry she's cool."

I turned my attention towards Jane, "Hi, I'm sorry you got dragged along by Leigh."

Jane shrugged, "It's cool, other than bible study I'm sure this will probably be the only other thing going on today. And it's way better than listening to my mom gossip."

We made our way inside, ordering drinks and cakes, that were topped with whip cream and cute little eatable stickers.

"So... what's this about marriage?" Liegh said, her eyes narrowed in curiosity. "I know your parents are like "Old fashion" but what about college?" Her expression turned concerned. "Do you even want it?"

I turned my wavering eyes away to view the outside, someone needed to clean the window better. "I'm not being forced, but-." I left off trying to pull together my thoughts.

"Do you like the supposed groom?" Jane suddenly asked, drawing my attention. She smiled, "That's the only thing that would make me stick with an arranged marriage."

"Even if I loved him, would I? I mean, could I give up my possible future for him?" Why did my chest hurt, I could hear the tremble in my voice, "I don't want to depend on someone Leigh. I don't want to have hopes and dreams dependent on another's existence."

"Ooh love," Leigh laid a hand over mine, she frowned, "You shouldn't do anything you don't want to do. I'll support you all the way, no matter what."

A hand appeared holding a fork, that still had a piece of chocolate. "Count me in." Leigh and I looked at Jane blankly, "Oh and thanks for the cake it's sort of my birthday."

"What?!" Leigh exclaimed, "Why didn't you tell me. "She lifted a hand and shouted over to the waiter they had all ogled when they'd first entered. "Yo, Two big choco-bananas Asap!"

Laughing, me and Jane snickered. I wasn't sure that was going to work but it took my mind off of the pending marriage...coming in two days, ugh.

**

Ewan exited the bathroom, the steam rolled into his room. The towel he wore was slung low on his hips, as he walked over to the vanity table. He sensed something behind him, whipping around he was surprised to meet the sharp, hungry gaze of Argo's sister. She stood in the doorway, her eyes roving over his body.