Dramione-Unknown Love

Chapter 1-Problems

She was sitting there, all alone on the 7th floor balcony. She liked it there, it was peaceful and quiet. She preffered it up here than to be down in the crowded hall, with countless students running around and screaming. No, the balcony was the only place where she could be herself. She stared at the still lake, and at the birds flying freely over the trees. She felt lonely, she wanted someone that could understand her, everyday she saw Harry with Ginny, holding hands and embracing each other. It was the same for Ron and Lavender, she envied her best friends so much. They have happiness and are purely in love, whereas Hermione had no-one.

Dinner time was over, Hermione slowly made her way down the steps, she was in no-hurry to get to class, but that was one of the problems lately. She didn't really bother about grades, they started to seem meaningless all of a sudden. Her friends would go out with the girlfriends and she'd have to stay in the castle reading book after book, Hermione just couldn't take it anymore. Who would she get along with, someone who felt isolated and sad just like her, someone with a proper understanding of being lonely and un-loved.

Hermione finally reached potions, the last lesson of the day. She didn't pay attention much, and time was going really slow, she wished the lesson to end, so she could make her way up to the common room.

"Oi, Granger?" Hermione looked up, she saw Malfoy trying to catch her attention. "What do you want Malfoy?" she asked in a dull stone, and turned to look at her book. "Pass the fairy wings"he whispered "There is a much nicer way of asking" Hermione's tone was raised higher, and Malfoy furrowed his eyebrows. "Why do you always have to be moody? don't you ever smile?" Draco asked in such curiousity that Hermione turned away from her book ad stared directly at him. She looked as thought she could kill him there and then. "Give me one reason why i should smile, and I am not always moody, people just don't get me! and this conversation is over, go get your own fairy wings" Hermione turned to look back at her book and said no-more. This left Draco confused, yet saddened. He didn't understand why, but Hermione shouting at him made his heart sink. He had noticed her being angry and upset lately, also no paying attention in lessons, why he felt concerned he didn't know. But he wanted to help and get to the bottom of her frustration.

That night, after all lessons, Draco headed to the library in search for Hermione. He constantly thought about the potions lesson earlier that afternoon, how she had lost her temper and how he wanted to help her. That thought scared him a number of times, why did he want to help the Gryffindor muggle born that he dispised and hated for 6 years straight. He reached the library and tip toed inside, trying to make no noise at all. He looked around the whole library but didn't spot Hermione anywhere. It was odd, everytime he came to finish an assignment, Hermione would be there. This bothered him, but what he really wanted to know was what bothered her so much. Draco gave up the search in the library and started looking around the whole castle, the job wasn't impossible but very tiring, he made his way up floor by floor but there was no sign of her. He reached the end of the 7th floor corridor when he was about to give up. But the soft sound of silent tears and cries took his attention, he didn't hessitate and follwed that mysterious sound.

As he went closer, the silent crying became more audible. He had reached the end of the corridor to a balcony, when he saw a girl visible in front of his eyes. She had buried her head in her knees and wrapped her arms around them. Draco tried not to make any sudden movements, but then unaware of a vase behind him, he tripped backwards causing it to smash.

Hermione turned in a shock, that the vast noise the vase had made and that someone was there who probably had watched her for some time now. "who's there?" she muttered. "Who is it?" she asked again but there was no-reply. Draco managed to slip into a corner, his heart was beating fast, he saw Hermione crying. But after a minute of two the silent sobs continued, he peaked and saw Hermione go back to her usual position. Just for a moment he felt like going over and putting an arm around her, to reasure her, comfort her and tell her she's not alone. However he stopped himself just in time. How unusual it would be if he went to her, she would laugh in his face and tell him to go away. He didn't like that idea, he didn't want to be pushed away by her if he was being so kind.

Draco gave one last glance at Hermione and walked away down the dark corridor. Thought's were running in and out of his head about Hermione as he walk down to the dungeons. When he saw her crying it killed him inside, he didn't want to see her crying or depressed, he wanted to see her elegant and beautiful smile that used to light up the day. He remembers when he did see that smile, but never thought much of it, but now it means something.