Chapter 4-Start Of Something New

Weeks have gone by, within those weeks they haven't spoke only smiling at each other if they met. It didn't bother Draco if they didn't speak, her smile spoke for itself. She was happy, smiling after a long time. But he did know if he wanted to understand his feelings, he would have to make another move, but what could he do?

Should he go back to the balcony on the 7th floor to see if she still spends her time there? because he didn't care where she was as long as he got to spend time with her. Hermione started to read books again, and listen in class, she skip around the school filled with joy. Seeing that made Draco satisfied and fall for her more. This girl is everything he could have ever dreamed of, if there was perfection in the world...she was it. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't stop himself, he wrote endless poems for her...but never had the courage to send them.

In the evening Hermione strolled around the lake, the cool breeze brushing past her hair, and the feel of the suns heat on her skin. She gazed at the lake, she saw tiny ripples in them, she looked up and saw owls flying all around. Something had lifted her spirit,she felt over joyed, only a few weeks ago, her days were gloomy and meaningless...but not anymore. She sat down on the long grass,inches away from the lake, she throws in small pebble that make circles in the water.

And owl swoops down and lands next to her, he detaches the parchment tied to it's leg and the majestic bird flies away. Hermione unfolds the letter and starts to read curiously.

You are the reason i wake everyday

You are perfection, in every single way

My feelings for you grow stronger and stronger

I can't keep denying it any longer.

The poem was beautiful, she reads it several times and wonders, everything had turned around. Someone out there loved her, is this how it felt to be loved she thought...the feeling was blissfull, enchanting and nothing she expected...but who kept sending these? could the sender not show themselves. She looks around the lake, but no-one was there, the letter was held tightly in her hand, she had to find her admirer.

Hermione leaves the lake and heads back into the castle, she walks up a flight of stairs, when she meets someone. Draco stares at her...he's lost for words, he looks at her hands and see the letter, the letter he sent. "Sorry, I'll get out of your way" He uttered and walked passed her. "Wait!" Hermione called out. Draco looked back at her, she was smiling once again. "If you're not doing anything, we could go to Hogsmeade?" He asked but went red at the same time, she was nervous. She asked out Draco Malfoy. "I-I would love to...I'm not busy, do you want to go now?" he was also nervous, he hadn't talked to her in weeks he looks again into those brown eyes full of hope. How he lives day by day and she still hasn't noticed. "Yeah, if that's ok?" she said. Draco smiled at her, they walked down the stairs and into the grounds. The journey to Hogsmeade was quiet, no-one had said a word. "It's a beautiful day, isn't it?" Hermione finally intruded the deathly silence. "Yes, it is" he didn't know what else to say. They stopped at Honeydukes and entered the shop, Hermione took Draco's hand and took him further into the shop. Draco couldn't believe it, he was holding hands with her, the girl whom he loved with all his heart. They stopped and she retreated her hand, he didn't want to let go yet he had to, Hermione tried some sweets, he watched her laugh and smile. Just being with her was the best thing right now. Hermione looked towards him, she gazed greedily into his grey crystal like eyes, she was lost in them, yet she didn't want to find her way out. She looked into a sea of pure silver, it felt like a dream, nothing go intrude. "That'll be 5 galleons dear" said the old shop keeper. "I'll pay" Draco payed for the sweets and headed out the shop, Hermione instantly follwed him. "Thanks, but i could have paid" She said "It's ok, i don't mind paying" He reasured her. Again they stared at each other, those precious moments.

Hermione walk up the road a bit when she turned to Draco. "You've changed...alot...i mean, you're a much better friend than Ron or Harry lately, and that means something to me" She looks directly at him, she then blushed and glared at the ground. "I'm glad you like my company...and sorry that Potter and Weasley don't realised how lucky they are that they've got you" He had a weak smile, he was still in her friendship books, they looked into each other eyes just moments ago. Was that still friendship to her? Hermioe laughed...it was a sweet, melodic sound like an agels voice. Draco's face lit up, he knew she wasn't laugh at him. "It's weird...I've been getting these letter's lately...well...they're poems. And I don't know who that caring and romantic" She told him. Draco gave a fake smirk, Hermione just admitted she saw a change in him, yet she hadn't guess the heartfelt poems he had written for her.They both proceeded up to the castle,  "I really want to know, i think he's scared, but he shouldn't be. What he's doing is so sweet". Draco started to smile again, hope at last...could he actually tell her? She thought it was sweet, all the poems. They both come closer to the castle, they hadn't spoke much the journey back either, Draco kept grinning, only if he had it in him to tell her, to confess what's really on his mind right now, and everyday.

"Bye, I'm going to my common room, and thanks again for going with me and also paying" She exclaimed. "Don't worry about" he replied, Hermione turned and vanished up the stairs.