Chapter 2-He Cares

The next day it was warm, the sun was rising over the horizons and just for a second Hermione's trouble seemed to have gone. She yawned and stretched, she sat up in her bed and looked at the roommates. Ginny was still fast asleep, she came in late last night after spending hours in the common room with Harry, and there her trouble re-appeared. The realization that she was lonely haunted her. She had friends, but they had better things to do and better people to be with.

She abandoned that thought and got dressed. She walked down to the Great hall, there were only a few students and it was quite deserted. She sat down at the Gryffindor table staring at the food. She wasn't hungry, she was feeling sick. She looked around the hall and spotted a boy with blonde hair and a sharp chin. But he wasn't looking at her, he was more preocupied by a piece of parchment in his hand. Hermione looked away, she saw Neville at the far end of the table eating a piece of toast and gulping down pumpkin juice.

"This is for you" said a voice. Hermione looked up and saw a yound boy standing there holding out a piece of parchment. " Oh, thank Nigell" Hermione took the piece of paper and read it.

Your smile is what i want to see,

Your smile is all i need.

Hermione read the letter over again, incase she had missed out the name of the sender. "Nigell? Who is this from?" She asked "Well, I'm not allowed to say, i have to keep it a secret" he replied. "No, Nigell I have to know" She said rather desperately. But Nigell walked away without another word.

Hermione looked around once again, but there were more students this time, and the hall was filling with more people rapidly. Hermione left the hall and into the courtyard to maybe find ot guess the person to may have sent the letter. But it was hopless, she examined the courtyard and there was hardly anyone likely ro have sent it.

Draco left the hall just after Hermione, he looked at the courtyard and saw her there. He proceeded down into the dungeons, why was he kidding himself, he had just sent a letter to Hermione telling her that her smile was all he needed. Did he have to keep lying to himself? That he didn't care, or that watching her cry her eyes out wasn't killing him? No, he knew exactly what was happening, the only reason he wanted to help her was because he wanted to be with her, he has started to care so much that she was the only thing that mattered. In fact you could say his heart only beated for her.