5. IS THIS A DREAM?

PLEASE COMMENT, I LOVE THE FEEDBACK
__________________

Date: Unknown

Location: Unknown

The tan woman sat up with a gasp, letting her eyes adjust to the surroundings. She glanced at the clock on the wall and frowned. It wasn't ticking.

Jacqueline's gaze fell onto a man standing by a white door, his eyes fixed upon her sternly.

"You're awake," the man said, adjusting his glasses that sit upon his head. "Now, could you tell me your name?"

"W-Where am I? How long was I asleep?"

The man ignored Jaq, "what is your name, fräulein?" He was German, Jaq noted, looking around at the room for some clues. "We know that you were apart of the program to create super soldiers in America. Why were they testing a women?"

"I-It's Jacqueline Rosati," Jaq mumbled, shaking in fear. Where was I? What was going on? Where was Steve? "I was one of the top female spies in America and volunteered myself to Doctor Erskine."

"Good," the man said. "Now, do you remember what happened before you woke up?"

Jaqueline bit her lip, trying to remember... I remembered white walls, Steve, and yelling...

Jaqueline gasped, suddenly remembering what happened at last.

"Jaq, listen to me... the facility is overheating and we're under attack. Your process isn't finished and we can't continue. We could kill you."

"Do whatever you have to do," Jaq gasped out in pain. "J-Just make the pain end."

"Jacqueline, listen."

He paused and I felt like it was hours before he spoke again.

"We have to freeze you until we get the final components for your experiment. It might take days, months, or years."

"Just do it."

"What's going on? What happened? Where's Doctor Erskine?" The young girl asked, her voice slowly raises in pitch.

The doctor was silent, studying her through his thin glasses with bright blue eyes.

"Tell me!" Jaq screamed at the man, marveling at the shiny objects surrounding her. What were these things? What was going on?

Jaq got up shakily from the chair, noting her surroundings. It was an empty room, besides the doctor and her, and she knew she had to escape.

Jaqueline ran at the doctor, grabbing a syringe from the table beside him, before pushing him against the wall. She shakily raised the syringe to his neck and shuddered as he smiled down at her.

"Good... Good..." He muttered with a smirk as if assessing her skills. "You show impressive skills, fräulein. You will be very useful with us here-- GUARDS!"

Three soldiers bursted into the room, guns pointed directly at the frightened girl. Jaqueline knew she couldn't escape, even if trained, she was surely outnumbered.

The dark haired girl squeaked as she hit the back of the chair with a thud, her eyes widening as the two guards strapped her down to the table.

"At least tell me how long I have been here," Jaq began. "And where's Steve?"

"You've been here for two months already before we froze you again. Tell me, fraülein, do you feel any different? Stronger perhaps? You could have killed me before, but you knew not of your new abilities, your new future as a Winter Soldier. Fräulein Jacqueline, prepare yourself. You are going to become the new face of HYDRA."

Jaq protested weakly as he neared the young woman with a syringe. She hated needles.

"But first, we'll put you under... We might not need your skills for awhile..."