Exposure

"You know all the details, you can bring him down." Brenda said.
"Also, he does go into people's dreams to make sure of any abnormalities." Chelsea added.
I paced back and forth in the living room. The air was warm, and the dust particles were floating.
I have so much information to take this guy down, but I can't do it. I can't bring myself to make him pay. He did lose his daughter after all, and it was an act of defense in some ways.
I can't bring him to the police, I need to kill him.
"We need to get this guy, he's a terrorist on people and even killed two people. You have to be with me on this one Thomas." Chelsea said. "He took our lives."
Somehow I wasn't really on their side, and as much as I need to get this guy in prison or dead...I really need to know his intentions. It just doesn't add up, who really was Rodriguez?
"For all we know, Rodriguez was the one in the wrong here." I thought aloud.
"How is that?" Brenda asked.
I stood quiet, still pacing back and forth. My eyes slowly closing and thinking visually. I could see Mark holding his dying child and crying. There is a sense of something within that.
There was a knock on the door.
"I'll get it." Chelsea volunteered.
"I'll go with you." Brenda said.
I kept my eyes closed, trying to get the picture of Rodriguez in my head but it was fading.
"Hello Chelsea, I see you've been away for a while." Mark said.
Brenda held up her badge, though it wasn't valid. "You're under arrest on suspicion of murder. Please don't fight against it."
My eyes locked towards Mark, "Where is Rodriguez?"
Mark's eyes went dark, they were filled with depression and regret. "Y'know, I didn't realize how long I could hide it. I didn't want to do it either, and I know that you know what happened to them."
My mind went fuzzy, I couldn't remember what I wag going to say.
I ran towards the kitchen knife, and when I came back they were all gone. It was so quick and sudden, and I couldn't feel my heart beating anymore. It was like the opposite of adrenaline, but hurt. I tried to remember what happened, but I fell down and unconscious.
I came to, and found myself on the floor of my living room. My mind blank and eyes watery. The air was filled with smoke, but no heat. The floor was damp and cold, the footsteps of winter around me.
I got a call, "Hello?"
"Listen really closely, we are in the subway. The West Lap Subway, you should know where that is right? Co-" Chelsea's voice was cut off and I was alone inside my house again. The sound of her voice rang through my head.
"That's right!" I suddenly felt all my memories come to me.

I made it to the subway and saw how messed up it was. I'm still not very sure why they haven't really destroyed this place yet.
I heard some voices, male, and saw some guns lined up on the wall. I grabbed a rifle and quickly ducked in the booth. A man walked right by me, I put my gun over his neck and choked him out. His grunts were disgusting and wet.
I moved on down the stairs where the trains were. I moved behind a pillar and made my way around it and behind a fallen soda machine. I was able to scavenge a glass shards.
I made out where another guy was.
"What does this guy even look like? Jeez, it'd be great to have some sort of clarification." The man whined.
He turned around, making a mistake. I came up behind him and jabbed the shard in his throat and sliced through his neck. The blood spilled onto the ground silently.
"Shut up bitch!" I could hear Mark throughout the system, and I didn't like it. My nerves were shooting in all directions.
For a moment I thought I saw my parents, but then I realized that I already found Brenda dead. Chelsea was hanging on the wall, screaming for help.
"Mark ran away! He killed her, oh fuck!" Chelsea screamed. "The bastard ran through there."
I cut the ropes on her legs and then her hands. She told me to grab the gun and go after him.
"I'll follow in a little bit." Chelsea said.
I picked up the assault rifle and quickly sprinted into the system. The distant sounds of footsteps resonated through the system. I could swear I was chasing myself at one point.

Eventually I made it to a room, just right at the end of the rails. The knob was smashed off, I can only guess that he went in here.
"Thomas. It's not worth it. You don't want to do this." Mark said.
"You need to be put down for the safety of humanity. Brenda sent me information before dying that you were building a machine to destroy the mentality of all within a mile radius." I replied.
"We both know it's a goddamned lie! You are being told the wrong things, it's not for me but the government!" Mark yelled.
I touched the door and cracked it open. Mark kept on his chair, a shotgun at the door just sitting and watching.
I could see a reflection through the door and into the glass window behind Mark.
"What's stopping you from pulling that trigger?" I asked him.
"I don't want to kill you Thomas, I just want to help you." He tried convincing me to stop. There was no way I could let him live.
"It's fucking bullshit!" I yelled.
I kicked open the door, Mark shot, and dove behind the desk closest to the door.
I shot above the desk, but Mark wasn't hit.
"Jesus, why don't you just die already!" I yelled.
Blood was coming out of my leg, I felt the pellets moving in my body. My muscles were tight and unable to move.
"C'mon now, I really don't want to do this." Mark pleaded.
I hear him stand up and move closer to me. His footsteps were making my heart skip beats.
"It's over, I've already won." I said.
"You're right!" Chelsea came through the door and gunned Mark down. His blood splattered on the wall as his body fell over the chair.
Chelsea was breathing loudly, "We're done. It's finished, he's dead."
"Yeah, but now we're criminals. The police heard those shots for a distance. They'll be here soon and by then we will have to be gone." I explained with a soft sigh.
"I should be telling you that." Chelsea replied.
I stood up and leaned on the desk, the bullet was seriously starting to effect me.
"Well, looks like you've gone soft." I chuckled.
We moved through the door on the far side of the room. Chelsea was far ahead of me, and I needed to get out of here.

"It seems as though the suspects are at large, and hiding somewhere. There was an account of five fatalities..." The news woman spoke.
"Well, it's already on the news." I said.
Chelsea giggled, "Yeah."
I picked up my book bag and cocked my pistol. Chelsea fixed her boot and began humming.
"Where to next?" I asked.
She shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know."
At that moment, I remembered that my wife wanted me to leave this place.