I know you're by my side through it all

The boot clicked open, and was instantly filled with my luggage that Ben was placing in. It struck me again how much I loved the way he looked. Something about it just seemed... so real to him. It was just him, another part of him to adore.

Whilst he was trying to fit my duffel bag in, I slipped into the passenger seat, buckled myself in and turned on the music. 'A Single Moment of Sincerity' started playing. Trust Ben, has to have his own music on eh. The boot slammed down, and he elegantly strolled to his seat, and sat down.

"Like it?" He said, turning to me and pointing to the music. I nodded, but I didn't like it. I loved it.

We began to sing away to it, and he took my hand. His solo part came, my voice dropped off, and I let him take it. Goosebumps formed on my arms. I have heard him sing hundreds of times before, but it gets to me each time. He really does sound so angelic. So innocent. So pure.   He finished his solo, chills were running through my body and his lifted my hand and kissed it. Such a Prince Charming. We both giggled and let the song finished before he put the key in the ignition and rolled out onto the road quickly.

Song after song played in the car and we sang along happily. But the conversational side was other wise lacking. After about 4 songs I fell silent. Thoughts powered through my skull. Pounding me with questions about earlier. Part of me annoyed that deep down I kind of wanted him to kiss me. We're just friends. Nothing more. I had to just be thankful he was even giving me a chance to get out of my home. Get away from all the hurt. He was my saviour and I just sat here slightly annoyed about earlier.

The car came to a stop without me even realising. "Melissa, we are here. Melissa, love." Ben spoke. His voice sweet in the silence. Startled from my thoughts I looked around quickly and turned to Ben.

"Thank you! Really, thank you." He smiled. Oh his gorgeous smile. My heart pumped quicker as he got out the car and opened my door for me, offering his hand. I took it. We walked into his house hand in hand. That was a trait that would never stop. I threw myself onto the sofa with my luggage I wheeled in lying on the floor. Ben dropped the bags on top and jumped next to me. We lay there, with his arm around me and his other hand caressing my head. Massaging my scalp. It was bliss. I felt so safe in his arms, safer than I'd ever felt with anyone.

"Babe, where d'you want to sleep tonight?" He asked, in his amazing English accent. "You can share my bed. Or of course I can sleep on the sofa again." Realising that he probably sounded pervy without adding the sofa bit. I held him closer burrowing my head into his neck and inhaled his strong scent of aftershave.

"I don't mind, Ben. It's whatever you're good with." Half hoping that he wanted me to fall asleep with him. Even though last night was the first night in his house, we had fallen asleep together many times, and truth be told, it was always best that way, with him holding me close.

He smiled and pulled me closer still, I have to admit it, he always was a ladies man. It was always one girl after another in school, and he got that mainly due to how slick he was. Hell I literally only just broke up with Dominic and end up lying on a sofa with Ben not wanting to ever move. I lay there thinking about how many girls would die to be where I am. Maybe just because he is famous? Maybe because he really is smoking hot. Maybe because of the way he shows himself in interviews and on stage. To be fair to him, he does act like a wild, sex obsessed man. But he isn't like that in person, okay maybe slightly sex obsessed, but I cherish him for the person he truly is.  

Maybe I fell asleep, because the next thing I remembered is a sharp pain going through my arm, and the room being a little darker than earlier.

"Ow! Ben, what was that for?" I asked, realising he had just pinched me.

"What did you expect? I was hungry."

"I get it. I'll go make you a sandwich." With a small nudge to the shoulder for good measure.

"Awh Cheers babe."

"Bacon too?"

"Marry me!"

"Nah I'm good, marry the bacon." I laughed and he pulled me onto him, giving me a tight squeeze before letting me go. Letting my feet fall silently to the ground I slunk out of the room and located the ingredients in the kitchen.  

Maybe 10 minutes later, with Ben's sandwich in hand, I plodded back in to the lounge, wiping the crumbs of my own sandwich off my clothes.

"Here you go, lazy bum." With a wicked smile on my face.

"Well thank you, love you really." He winked. Handing him the sandwich I sat back down, taking the television remote off the table and switching on the television, Hmm, what would be a good one to watch? I flicked through all the movie channels, hoping for a good horror. There were none.

"Well this sucks." I grumble.

"The tv listings or you?" Ben retorted. He may be a sweet boy, but sex was definitely on his mind a lot. I shrugged and he took the remote off me. Seemingly happy he chose a film. I wasn't expecting him to chose a chick-flick though.

  I picked up the blanket that he left on the floor from last night and lay back with him covering us. Something about being covered made Ben a little happier. Maybe a little freer. I turned my back on him, looking at the back of the cushions. I wasn't tired, but I was oh so relaxed. Ben rammed his sandwich home, as soon as he finished he twisted his thin body and lay close behind me. Placing his hands on my hips, he lightly squeezed the skin before moving his hands slipping them further up, being careful not to put pressure on my bruises. His hands stopped on my lower ribs, a warm air was tickling my neck. Leaning over me he pressed his lips, his soft sweet lips, to my neck, and slowly pecked.

I rolled back onto him, looking up into his blue pools called eyes, half expecting him to kiss me.

"You're hot Melissa, you know that. Urm its like 10 o'clock, you've had a weird day, you want to come to bed with me. I won't bite." He smiled. "Uh, Unless you want me to stay down here." Tired, although I already slept, I moved off the sofa once again, and pulled him by the arm out the room. Quick stop. He grabbed me from behind and swung me over his shoulder, carrying me up the stairs. Not bothering to turn off the television.

"Hey, nice arse Ben."

"Yeah thought you'd like it, babe." I slapped it. Laughed.  

Setting me down on the bed, I noticed that the sky was actually already dark, and the bed was so much more comfortable than last night. I pulled the duvet over me, and asked Ben if he could bring my clothes up. He nodded, and disappeared out of the room.

5 minutes later he returned with my suitcase and barrel bag, took one look at me and whistled. I was stood in just my underwear, hoping to change them finally and get into some sleep wear.   I leaned down to open my purple and black case, something rubbed up against my back and he pulled me onto his lap. Sat on the edge of the bed, with his arms folded over my chest, I didn't bother fighting back, I actually enjoyed it.

"Hmm, let me get changed first?"

"Let me help?" Quick. You had to give it to him, he was smooth. I shot him a look and pushed off him. I chose my clothes and headed for the door.

"Awwh, no show?" He said, with a mock upset mask plastered on him. I blew him a kiss and strutted out.  

Not long later we were lying in bed together, me in underwear, vest and shorts him just in boxers, turned our separate ways, and just happy. I never felt so safe in my life.