Night Changes

*Avery's POV*

~^~

School could not end fast enough and as soon as that bell rang, I went straight home and started getting everything for tonight. "Ready?" I texted Marco and he texted back a thumbs up. I sigh in relief and jump in the shower, and start to get ready. After half and hour of struggling to choose an outfit, I finally find something decent enough. Black jeans, red and blue stripped flannel paired with brown boots and a grey beanie. Something casual but not too casual. The perfect outfit for what I have planned for Josh; my boyfriend.

I smile to myself as I think of Josh as my boyfriend. I start to apply a little make up and send Josh a quick text, urging him to get ready.

Joshie😊 - but why?

Avery👑 -because, I've got something planned for us.

Joshie😊 - i told you not to plan anything 😩

Avery👑 - quit your pouting , it's not attractive.

Joshie😊 - "why tf you lying? why you always lying? hmmm, oh my god! stop f****** lying!" 😂

Avery👑 - what if I told you I'm not lying?👀

Joshie😊 - then I'd say you're lying about lying 🙆

Avery👑 - oh god. just stop and get ready. and meet me in your car in an hour.

Joshie😊 - are you going to murder me? 👀

Avery👑 - yes, I'm getting ready so i can murder you.

*read 5:49*

Five minutes later as I'm about to start curling my hair, I realize Josh still hasn't responded and I silently laugh to myself as I pick up my phone and begin to type out another text.

Avery👑 - boyyyyyyyy, you know I was just being sarcastic , right?

Joshie😊 - oh, thank god. and yes, I am a boy. I think you would know that by now.

Avery👑 - Jesus Christ , help this child.

Joshie😊 - okay, you tryin' to play now.

Avery👑 - oh baby, I'm not trying. I am playing you 😊😊😊😊😊😊

Joshie😊 - okay, savage much?

Avery👑 - very much. Leave me alone now, i need to start getting cute.

Joshie😊 - then you must be done already 😉

Avery👑 - boyyyyyyyyy

Joshie😊 - we've gone over this already. Yes, I am a boy. 😒

Avery👑 - I'm done

Avery👑 - bye

Avery👑 - life is over

Avery👑 - im texting you from a coffin now

Joshie😊 - bet you'll look cute asf at your funeral 💖

Avery👑 - so done, good bye.

I turn off my phone, ending our banter. Luckily, thirty minutes later, my hair is curled to perfection and I can finally relax with an episode of The Vampire Diaries, which Alexia has got me hooked on. I check the time and then head downstairs and out the door. I cross the lawn to Josh's car and open the door and slide in, closing the door behind me. "Wow, Ave. You look amazing." Josh says, wide - eyed. I blush and mumble a quiet "Thank you."

"So where are we going?" Josh asks me and I smile sheepishly. "I'll give you directions but I'm not telling." I say. "Averyyyyyy.." Josh groans and I mimic him. "Joshhhhhhh.." I say. "Fine, fine. Whatever." Josh gives in. After minutes in silence, I groan. "Can we listen to music? This is so awkward." I say and he laughs. "Okay, okay." He reaches over and turns on the hook up for his phone and a cool sounding song comes on.

"Coming in unannounced, drag my nails on the tile. I just followed your scent, you can just follow my smile. All of your flaws are aligned with this mood of mine. Cutting me to the bone, nothing left to leave behind. You ought to keep me concealed just like I was a weapon. I didn't come for a fight but I will fight till the end. And this one might be a battle, might not turn out okay. You know you look so Seattle, but you feel so LA. And I love the way you hurt me. It's irresistible, yeah. I love the way, I love the way. I love the way you hurt me, baby. I love the way, I love the way. I love the way you hurt me, baby. " the voice sings and I just have to ask. "What's the name of this song?" Josh grins and says "Irresistible by Fall Out Boy." I smile. "It's a great song. Oo! Turn here." I say.

We finally make it to a lake house and all the lights are off. "You said you weren't going to kill me!" Josh pouts and I can't help but laugh. "I already told you I'm not going to kill you." I say and take Josh's hand and walk up the stairs. I unlock the door and turn on the lights. "SURPRISE!" everyone yells out, nearly scaring Josh to death. "Jesus!" He yells out. He then turns to look to me and I smile sheepishly. "Surprise?" I say. "Youuuuu!" He exclaims and pulls me into a tight hug. "Thank you. This is, amazing." He says and kisses my forehead.

Marco and Ryder come over to us and pull Josh into one of those weird guy hugs. "You're finally 18. How does that feel?" Ryder teases him. "Freaking amazing!" Josh exclaims and they laugh. Alexia comes over to me and I pull her into a hug. "Thank you, for helping me plan this. It was harder than it sounded." I sigh. "I know. And we planned something special for you guys." Alexia smiles and I raise my eyebrow. "That wasn't part of the plan." I say. "We know." She smirks and pulls me by the hand outside and Marco pulls Josh along. "Great. Now we're both gonna get murdered." Josh groans and I roll my eyes. "Would you stop saying we're gonna get murdered?!" I exclaim. Josh pouts but nods and I bite back a smile.

The sun's finally setting and Alexia and Marco stop at the dock where a small boat, big enough for maybe four people, awaits. "Um, what's going on?" I ask and Alexia shares a look with Marco. "We wanted to do something special for just you guys." Marco explains and helps me into the boat. Once inside, I notice that there's a picnic basket inside, some flashlights and some blankets and pillows. "You guys thought of everything." I say and Alexia laughs. "We had too. We can't let you starve. You'd eat my cousin." she jokes. "Ha, ha. Very funny." I scowl. "Have fun you two" Alexia says, teasingly and unties the rope that was tying us to the dock. "Don't do something I would do!" Marco teases. "Than that's everything possible!' I yell back, as me and Josh drift into a distance. "Exactly." He yells back.

I roll my eyes at that and turn to look at Josh, who's staring at me. "What?" I ask him and he shakes his head. "Nothing." he says and I stare pointedly at him. "I just find you really adorable." Josh says and even in this faint sunlight, I can see him blushing. "Aw, you cutie." I say, which causes him to turn even redder. "Wanna play 21 questions?" I ask. "Okay, I guess." he says. "Okay.... how old were you when you had your first kiss?" I ask. "11. Who was your first kiss?" Josh says. "Marco. What's your favorite book?" I say quickly moving on to the next question. "Marco?!" Josh exclaims. "Yes, during a game of Spin The Bottle in seventh grade." I say. "Well then. And my favorite book has to be Some Boys by Patty Blount. Who's your favorite artist?" Josh says. "The Weeknd, duh. What's your favorite band?" I say. "Fall Out Boy. When's your birthday?" Josh answers. "April 28th. What's your favorite animal?"

"A unicorn. How -" Josh begins but I cut him off. "Uh, unicorns are only legal in New York, Utah, Texas and Georgia." I say and Josh shakes his head. "I have an aunt in New York. She keeps Elliot I her penthouse." Josh says sassily. "Well, my bad." I say, putting my hands up in surrender. "I'll be telling Elliot that you don't love him and that ay, you won't get any cotton candy he'll poop out." Josh says and sticks out his tounge. "Oh, but you love me." I say, casually. "Sadly," he says and I roll my eyes. He leans over carefully and kisses me lightly on the lips. "This birthday just keeps getting better and better. Thank you, Avery. Really, I mean it." He says and I smile. "My pleasure." I say.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

a.n - happy Friday! Hope you liked this chapter, and next update will be (hopefully) , Tuesday.  btw, the chapters might be short sometimes because I'm trying to update twice a week, so please cut me some slack. or like Olive, for A.N.T farm ... "Release me some slack".