6. The Date

Neveah

            "Table for two please," Silas said to the hostess at the stand in front of the restaurant. The place was pretty nice, small homely little fish fry that could cater to a large crowd of about one hundred. There was of course the cliché fish hanging on the wall and corky fish phrase posters something that I find nice to attract families and people around the neighborhood.

            "This is the best fish you will ever taste in this country, trust me," Silas said turning to me and smiling.

            "Yeah, okay. Let's put your taste buds to the test," I said smiling as we followed the hostess to our table. 

            "Hello Silas, and young lady. Welcome to Williams Famous Fish Fry, today's specials are lobster bisque and catfish nuggets," the hostess said.

            "Thanks Bianca, we'll start off with the lemonade," Silas said.

            "What if I don't want lemonade?" I asked.

            "Trust me you'll want the lemonade," Silas said with confidence.

            "So two lemonades?" The hostess asked awkwardly.

            "Yes," Silas said not looking at me. The hostess turned her head toward me and I nodded.

            "Someone's cocky," I said. "Especially since, you don't really know what I like."

            "Everyone loves their lemonade," Silas said with a tone of finality.

"Stop challenging him," Lucifer warned me.

"He needs to be knocked down a peg," I responded and got a whine in return from Lucifer.

            When someone else returned with the drinks, I immediately took a sip and rolled my eyes. As good as it was, I wanted to teach Silas a lesson.

            "Sorry ma'am may I have a sprite," I said not giving any more information as not to insult the restaurant, but still give Silas his lesson.

            "Umm sure, do you guys know what you want?" the waitress asked.

            "I'll take the usual," Silas said handing her the menu.

            "Hmm," I hummed glancing over the menu, "I guess I'll take the stuffed fish with mac and cheese and hush puppies as my two sides."

            "Ok, I'll be right back with you guys order," the waitress said smiling at us.

            After a moment of awkward silence, Silas looked at me and asked, "What's your story?"

            "What do you want to know?" I asked playing with the drink menu that was left on the table.

            "Everything of course," he said smiling at me.

            "Well my parents raised me up until I was seven when they were killed in a rogue attack. They were the Alpha and Luna of our pack, but the Delta's son took over. He resents me though because he knows I'm more powerful than him, and I chose not to be a part of the pack like my sister. He saw it as a way of me not accepting his rule. I just didn't want to be a part of a pack that wasn't truly filled with love like what my parents taught me," I started.

            "So why did your sister stay?" Silas asked.

            "Because her husband is now their alpha, and she is happy being the housewife Luna who runs the female book club, and other snobby housewife duties that her husband restricts her too," I explained rolling my eyes.