8. Unwilling Wolf

Nevaeh

"Nevaeh you have to let the doctors check his vitals. We won't know if he's getting any better if you keep a guard over him like that," Benny said.

I was crouched over Silas' body in my wolf form as he laid on the hospital bed. I growled back at Benny as my answer. I refu8sed to allow the doctors near him especially after I thought he flat lined when one of the nurses tripped over his wires. There was no room for error, and Lucifer wasn't fueling this fire, it was equally the both of us.

"We must protect our mate," Lucifer growled.

Benny just shook his head walking away and motioning for the doctors to follow him. They had been trying to get closer to Silas for an hour, but I wouldn't budge. When I finally heard the footsteps far away enough for me to relax and unclench my muscles. I turned to my mate and licked his face whining for him to wake up.

The guilt I felt in me was so strong that I couldn't stop whining. This powerful urge just took over my entire body and I couldn't fight it. I didn't want to! I wanted to protect Tina, and the pack that I wasn't even apart of. But I felt nice here with Silas, with the kids, with the accountants. I just didn't expect to hurt this man. I was really starting to care for him, and appreciate him for the man he was, and the wolf he was. My guilt was bearing down on my heart and I don't know if I was going to be able to get over it.

I started licking at Silas' face again hoping to get a response. When I got none, I sighed in defeat. I just laid my head on his chest, until I felt something akin to a pin prick in my left leg. I turned to see a dart in my leg. I growled and turned toward the door. One of the doctors stood there with a dart gun in her hand and I charged at her, but a doctor pushed her out of the way taking the brunt of my hit. I tried to move to attack the doctor, but Benny wrapped his arms around my waist trying to hold me there from getting to the doctor. I managed to turn my head and growl at the nurse until my vision started getting blurry. There was another shot in my leg and I growled deeper trying to fight a loosing battle against the doctor.

"What's going on here!" I heard Benny yelled and that was the last coherent thing that I heard before I fell asleep. One thing for sure was that nurse was going to get her ass kicked.

**

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. Wherever that fucking noise was coming for I needed it to stop before I went fucking crazy. I peeled my eyes open with difficulty and noticed that I was in a hospital bed. Why was I in a bed and not with my mate. I sat up too quickly and fell back in the bed from the dizziness and some restraint on my arm.

"What the hell?" I said pulling at the cuffs that kept me attached to the bed.

"Glad to see you awake," a voice said by the door. I turned and saw Benny and growled at him.

"Why ain't I with Silas?!" I growled at him. Alpha or not he was keeping me away from my mate and I wouldn't stand for it dammit.

"I suggested they cuff you to the bed seeing as you had your own injuries that needed to be tended to and the last thing I need is for my chief warrior to attack me once he wakes up because his mate hasn't been checked on," Benny said moving from leaning on the of the door to one of the chairs.

"Well I've been looked at can you let me go, I need to make sure that Silas is ok," I said not loosing the bite in my tone.

"Well you have but I have a few questions for you, seeing as you've been in this pack for about a month now, and then seeing what I saw two days ago has me concerned about the type of wolf that I have accepted into my pack," Benny said leaning forward.